Missed Message Reminder

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Noexit, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Noexit

Noexit New Member

Missed Message Reminder

I found the threads regarding the complete absence of the reminder to let you know you've got an email, SMS, voicemail or missed call lying around. While I find it inexcusable that that simple but so necessary feature is missing, I'm not going to beat the dead horse further. Still though, it's almost enough to make me send the phone back.

I did download the Don'tForget program, and it does what my phone should do by default. Before I register it though, I'm wondering if this is a feature that exists in WM6.1? If so I'll just bide my time and wait for the upgrade.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

there's been an unread message alert (under settings > unread message alert) for a while now (at least since WM5), and AT&T's 6.1 update for the Q9h has been out for some time now.
  3. Noexit

Noexit New Member

There is no "unread message alert" under Settings on my phone with 6.0, and ATT has been unable to get me to the right place to D/L the update.

So can you confirm that that setting is in the ATT 6.1 update?
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

As I don't have a Q9h I can't confirm that it would be there for you, but it is there on the Sprint 6.1 update (as it was on 6.0 and 5)
  5. zelendel

zelendel Member

It is not there on the Q9h and. I have been looking throught the reg and I think I found where it is supposed to be but the file is empty. Go ahead and register dontforget.
  6. zelendel

zelendel Member

@paco.....do you know your way around the registry?
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I don't really do much reg editing, so there are probably others who would be better suited
  8. zelendel

zelendel Member

Ok...what Q are you using?
  9. endobrian

endobrian New Member

what reg location is it?
  10. zelendel

zelendel Member

HKCU/control panel/notification/reminders. there is a setting for the snooze for the alarm so I am guessing that is where the files should be
  11. Noexit

Noexit New Member

I just figured out how to get the upgrade from Motorola (Step 1: Switch to a Windows computer and use IE), and did the update. to 6.1. The missed message isn't there.

I did see the same registry key before, but like you I don't know if that's it or not. Searching the reg for "reminders" found a few things, but not sure if we're looking for "reminders" "missed" or what.
  12. zelendel

zelendel Member

Yeah that is my issue as well. If We are Lucky one of the members here with a q that has it will be able to locate the reg files that control the alerts and with all hope and a fair share of luck we will be able to correct this oversite. I emailed Motorola about this as well.
  13. Noexit

Noexit New Member

It's just hard to believe that it's simply not there. Mind-boggling.
  14. zelendel

zelendel Member

Right! What were they thinking?
  15. Noexit

Noexit New Member

I emailed Motorola about this 4 days ago and so far they haven't lived up to their "you'll hear back in 24 hours" promise.

I also contacted ATT and the best that the support wonk could do was look through the manual and tell me "it isn't in the manual".

Because of this reason alone I'm thinking about sending the phone back. I've tried the different add-on programs, but none of them are exactly right and I really feel put out that I'll have to pay for a something that should be a standard feature on a phone. Am I over-reacting?
  16. zelendel

zelendel Member

I also emailed motorola about this and this is what they had to say after 4 days

Regarding your concern, we apologize for any inconvenience you may experience with your product. You can press Start > select System Tools > select Settings > select Sounds > scroll to and activate select Call Drop Tone

Regarding your concern, the dropped calls setting will let you know if you have a missed call since the phone does not have the specific setting call missed calls.

I tried this and just like I thought it did not work. The they told me to do a master reset, and I did and after reloading everything it still doesn't work. I am just set to checking my phone every now and then when I leave it somewhere.
  17. Noexit

Noexit New Member

That's what I was afraid of, at least you got an answer back from them. I'm wondering if it's just an ATT thing? I've got a friend that has Sprint service and she's got the unread alert on her Q, but then I saw something online that made me think an ATT BlackJackII is missing it as well.
  18. zelendel

zelendel Member

I am not to sure if it is an att thing. The only way would know for sure is to get our hands on a blackjack II from att and one from another carrier. I think it is kinda stupid that With all it can do it can't remind you when you missed a call without 3rd pary software.
  19. lstessel

lstessel New Member

Message Reminder

I have the same problem in my Verizon Moto Q as well. If you have used Dont Forget, are you happy with it?
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

wont a missed call screen work?