miniSync by Boxwave

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by dlrad, Dec 29, 2006.

1. dlrad

dlrad New Member

miniSync by Boxwave

Has anyone tried the minisync cable and electric outlet plug from Boxwave with good results? I have used this style cable in the past for several of my smartphones with great success.
    However, the minisync for the Q drains the battery instead of charging. I have tried several replacements thinking that I had a just a faulty cable or plug. All have the same results.
    If no one has any ideas or good results. This message simply serves as a warning....do not buy!:embarassed:
  2. qwho

qwho New Member

If you plug the Q into its USB cable and don't connect to activesync, then it drains itself- even if plugged into a 5v usb socket. I found this out really fast in my car, where I have a USB adapter. This is true for other PDA's as well, including my IPAQ rx3115. I bought a special cable that switches between "Charge" mode and "sync" mode for my ipaq. Maybe they have something like that for the Q? Bottom line: The stock usb cable is only able to charge the Q if it is connected to active sync. otherwise you'll say goodbye to the battery.