Mini to Micro USB Adapter - Watch Out!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by CEHansen, May 14, 2008.

1. CEHansen

CEHansen New Member

Mini to Micro USB Adapter - Watch Out!

My old cell was a Moto Razor and I also own an Ipaq 211 also with mini USB jack. So when my Q9h came with a mini to micro USB adapter I thought that would be a pretty useful tool. It charged, it synced and it also downloaded and installed software to the Q. It would not however allow the phone to tether with my laptop. I have been struggling for the past three weeks with both PDAnet and Net Share UI only to find out that the thing that was keeping me from the internet was a stupid four inch piece of wire. A dedicated micro USB cable was all that was needed to do the trick. I hope this helps someone else.
  2. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

Strange, I use my stock adapter all the time for all of the things you mentioned...and it works perfectly!

Go figure :)
  3. d70005

d70005 New Member

mini to micro adapter

Somehow I lost mine. There are none availiable in stores except with a music package which I had to buy. Now I know why it has that little string loop attached.

Dont lose it.
  4. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Wow, didn't know that. I've only used the one that comes with the unit so I've never used the adapter to tether. Only to charge and sync a couple of times.
  5. steven424

steven424 New Member

Apropos to the discussion about the mini to micro adapter, does anyone know if the power supply for a RAZR V3 can be used to charge a Q9h? My previous phone was V3, and I would like to use the V3 charger with the adapter when I travel. The Q adapter is rated at 800ma and the V3 is 550ma.

TIA,
    Steve
  6. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

I have used a V3xx charger with the mini-to-micro adapter to charge the Q9h without any issues. I'm not sure what the current rating is on the V3xx adapter, but again, it works.

In theory, if the device draws more current than the power supply can deliver, you will eventually screw up the power supply.
  7. Skv012a

Skv012a New Member

IMO micro usb is a really weak move on moto's part in the new phones. Mini could be there EASILY and make life so much better and compatible with the "standard" cords. Oh well...
  8. Isn't the cell industry supposed to go to all micro usb by 2009?
    I think the OP port may be the issue, not the cable, but I could be wrong.
  9. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Yes, thats what the words is anyway.