Mini sd Question?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by tomgt4, Sep 1, 2006.

1. tomgt4

tomgt4 New Member

Mini sd Question?

I have a 2g Mini sd 80x speed and has frequent here and there lag and was wondering how could i elimate the lag. I use tcmp on my q (just switched from pocket tv) and was wondering if it was the mini sd speed or is the player/or video file(avi at low-normal quality still lags) that could be the factor to why it lags. My audio plays but video lags.

and is it worth getting a new sd card and will it for sure eliminate lag with my songs/videos
  2. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

I'm not sure what speed my 2GB mini-SD card is (SansDisk) but I also run TCMP on my Q with movies (200MB) stored on my card and I have no lag what-so-ever.

I looked for specs on the SansDisk website about the speed of their 2GB cards and couldn't find any info. Who makes your card?
  3. tomgt4

tomgt4 New Member

Mini Sd- Transcend 2gb (80x) got it at frys for sale $44 :) "Pretty Good for its price.

how much did you pay for yours?
  4. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

$64 from Amazon.
  5. Manipon

Manipon New Member

I got a 2 GB Sandisk ultra II card and I think it was DOA. I wanted a large capacity card with fast write and read. After doing some searching, it appears that the ultra cards have big problems. If you want a fast 1 gb card, check out the Ritek 150x card at Newegg, only 19 bucks and good reviews. Some are using this card with the Q.

Anyone using a Sandisk Ultra II card successfully?
  6. loders

loders New Member

I had one and it lasted two days before I was no longer able to access it. I couldn't read it with the adapter on various card readers but was able to use it on my Q but then my Q could n't read it anymore. I was expecting great performance but got a headache instead.

Ultra II is ====> [​IMG]

I went with the regular one and it's been great from day one.
  7. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

I've had two SanDisks, a 1GB and now a 2GB. With the adaptor I now use my 1GB in a camera. Both have been flawless performers. I've installed all of my 3rd party apps to my 2GB card and video... and I've yet to have any speed/performace issues.

I would say for the money the SanDisk 2GB (regular one) is a perfect SD card for the Q.
  8. Manipon

Manipon New Member

Thanks for tip tharmsen:
    I returned the Ultra II card and got the regular Sandisk 2GB. Works like a charm. I have dvd movies and nes games running smoothly without slowdown. Looks like I didn't even need the Ultra speeds.
  9. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

You're welcome. It could be that the Q doesn't support the higher bus speeds thereby causing it to actually conflict/show down.

Either way, I'm glad it's working for you. I too am playing NES games and watching videos daily on my Q, and I've installed all of my apps to the SD card. No performance problems here!
  10. Tao

Tao New Member

11. Sprk Jonz

Sprk Jonz New Member

One thing you might want to consider is how you're creating the videos and in what format. I used to do WMVs using Pocket DVD Wizard and they were always a bit jerky. I just grabbed the free program Pocket Divx Encoder - and the videos look amazing on my Q!

FYI - I have a 2GB Kingston MiniSD and never have lag. Bought it at newegg.com for $40, no rebates required!
  12. BrianWismar

BrianWismar New Member

13. MrClean

MrClean New Member

I got the same card a few weeks ago, seems to be a solid storage device. :thumbup: