Mini SD card

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by computerguynd, Dec 5, 2007.

1. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You're welcome.
  2. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

for me....movies, mp3s, ringtones, programs such as the moto q flashlight, operamini, pdanet, pocketnetserplus (which allows me to play nintendo games), pictures, storage of internet cache, text messages storage....
  3. danwo

danwo New Member

So what do you have, cuz I'm expecting a 4gb anyday now, that should be enough for me.
  4. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

2gb and like 85% free. havent put any movies yet. going to shrink them down first because the size right now is too big and its choppy on the phone. maybe shrinking them will fix that..
  5. danwo

danwo New Member

How does one shrink them?
  6. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

ImTOO Mpeg encoder
  7. ds535

ds535 New Member

Does that mean we can install programs on the card instead on the phone? And how do you change such settings?

And, are you using the HC card?

Thanks again
  8. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Yes, you can install programs on your storage card. Whenever you install a program, the Q will ask if you want to install on the Device - you can choose Storage Card instead. Although, I hear that you shouldn't install a particular program on your storage card if it's going to be running all the time because it'll force the Q to constantly access the card, thus reducing battery life. Can someone verify this?
  9. ds535

ds535 New Member

Thanks~

Since I already installed some progrems to the Q9c without memory card at this time, may I remove them and re-install it again?

How about the pictures / ringtone files, could they be relocate on the card?
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Yes you can un-install and re-install on your card. Use add/remove programs!
  11. BIGD

BIGD New Member

it wont do anything to ur battery and as of running apps from sd card its ok , actually thats what i do . I never install apps on Q I always install them on my sd card. + u got extended so :) enjoy
  12. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Good to know. I've installed most of my apps on the card as well, except for Facade, Papyrus, Resco Explorer, and Smart Toolkit. Maybe I'll move some of these over to the card if I start running low on space.
  13. BIGD

BIGD New Member

i got my resco on sd card
  14. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Big-D,

Hey there.... I install 95% of my stuff to my 2gig SD card. However, I like to install 'important' things like ringtones, alarm programs, and calendar programs to my main memory -- that way if something happens to the card, at least those important apps won't be affected... Ya know?

Plus, I wonder if anyone has PROVEN that there's no access time difference between an app on the card, and an app in internal memory....

Just sharing,

Matt!
  15. BIGD

BIGD New Member

what u gotta do is to make backup copy of that sd card on ur pc so if u wanna upgrade to bigger card or something you will have copy . and my ring tones are all on sd cuz it takes much space . even if I loose or damage my card I can get another one and restore files from pc and Im good to go :)
  16. adma

adma New Member

Card works beautifully on my Q. I mean, just awesome. Does anyone know how to read this on the computer though? Any drivers?
  17. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You need to have a card reader that can handle SDHC - any old card reader won't do. I picked one up online for $6.99, and it works just fine on my desktop.
  18. danwo

danwo New Member

You mean the 4gb card right, cuz I should be expecting mine anyday now. Also I think someone posted a link a few pages back that should help you out.

-from Q
  19. derspiess

derspiess New Member

Hi all, a true n00b here (last phone was a Treo 650). I bought the 4gb miniSD (hc) card buy.com had on sale for $23.99 shipped last week, and it works fine on my Q 9c. Can't imagine ever filling it up unless I load it up with video & music files, but it's nice to have the storage.

I'm loving my Q 9c so far; still adjusting to it & to Windows Mobile, but no regrets!
  20. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Hope u won't regret .