Mini Sd 2GB Card Issue?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by jrutledge, Mar 27, 2007.

1. jrutledge

jrutledge New Member

Mini Sd 2GB Card Issue?

Hello, everyone just was wondering if anyone can help or give me some input on what to try. I recently purchased a Sandisk Mini Sd 2GB card for the Q. It was a purchase on Ebay, was alittle leary at first, only getting it for $14.00 shipped to me, but I won it. It showed up in original packaging. Installed the card into my phone no problem looked at my Memory Manager and what do you know Card Storage shows Unknown.
    Now I do not have a reader for my computer, should I try using a digital camera to format it or should this card be ready to work when I installed it? Or send the card back and purchase a new card?
    Any info I would really appreciate. Thanks.
  2. Uncle650

Uncle650 New Member

I would try formating with your digital camera.
  3. Sho_nuff

Sho_nuff New Member

I purchased the same card off of ebay and had the same problem. Its the card not the phone. No matter how many times you format its not gonna work. My advice to you is contact the seller and see if you can return the card for a refund or just write it off as a loss. My seller was pretty cool and i returned my card for a refund.

I purchased a 2gb transcend card from fry's electronics for 17.99 + tax. Ive loaded music, games, programs, and movies and it works like a champ.

Heres the link http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5106756?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Its just for the 1mb but they also carry 2mb cards.
  4. jrutledge

jrutledge New Member

Thanks for all the info, how is this Supermediastore website? They seem like they have some good prices, just do not want keeping buying cards, next thing I know I will end up paying over 100 bucks for a card to work. Thanks.
  5. swright3

swright3 New Member

Another option is the Corsair 2GB card from newegg.com http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233033

I just bought this one and it worked right out of the box. I owned a computer store for a number of years and Corsair is great memory for the price and easy to work with if you have problems.

Newegg.com is simple to work with and the shipping isn't too bad. Especially if you watch for specials.
  6. Ebiggs

Ebiggs New Member

I'm thinking about getting a 4GB miniSD card for my Q. Will there be any compatibility issues?
  7. swright3

swright3 New Member

Everything I've read lately seems to say that they work fine. There is a whole thread on that in this forum and all the later posts seem to be positive. I think I saw them for around $30 to $40 on newegg. I probably should have bought a 4gb instead of a 2gb. Oh well!
  8. gwakefield

gwakefield New Member

Problem w/ cards

Hello,

I originally purchased a cheap Transcend 2gb card from Amazon. Once it arrived it didnt work.... My Q showed UNKNOWN for the memory. I then went to OfficeMax and purchased a 1gb card sandisk I beleive. It to was not recognized by the phone. I have since went to Verizon and they insisted that it was the phone. I was given a new phone and the card didnt work. The Tech then decided to try his 512mb card in both my Q and the one they were replacing it with and it worked. I'm not sure what the issue is ...why two seperate cards wont work...one of them being name brand.... any ideas..??
  9. Uncle650

Uncle650 New Member

Was the 512 card formated for cell phones from Version. I had purchased a 2gb card from version and then used it to format my 4gb card. Everything is working just fine.
  10. gwakefield

gwakefield New Member

I dont know. The two brand new ones that I have do not work. For some reason the 512 that that tech used at verizon worked fine. They had no reason why the cards I had didnt work. I was almost wondering if the Q couldnt handle the 1 and 2 gb cards...
  11. Uncle650

Uncle650 New Member

I just checked my cards and my 1gb came from Verizon when I purchased my phone at their store. The 2gb I purchased from CompUSA. Both cards are SanDisk and the packaging said that they were formatted for mobile cell phone use. The 4 gb card is from memory suppliers but not the high density newer version. I copied the files on the 2gb onto the 4gb card and everything works fine. Could because they were formatted for mobile cell phone use be the difference? I bet that the 512 card was from Verizon Store and formatted for cell phones. The cards that your purchased were probably just regular formatted cards.
  12. cclark122665

cclark122665 New Member

4 GB card

Purchased a U-TEK 4GB miniSD SD card on ebay for about 35 bucks from a seller called sellbuz and works great in my Q. Have 5 dvd movies on it along with some mp3 and work related files. Still have 1.6 gig left.
  13. swright3

swright3 New Member

Formatting shouldn't be the problem. One of the intended uses for the cards is to transfer file from cell phones to computers. If they were formatted differently the computer wouldn't read it. Try the cards that aren't working on your computer and if the they can't be read then they are bad. The cards I bought are just plain miniSD and they work fine. No need to worry about "formatted for cell phones".
  14. Inkwizard

Inkwizard New Member

No problems with the 2gb Topram