Microsoft Office

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by wewantutopia, Jun 2, 2009.

1. wewantutopia

wewantutopia New Member

Microsoft Office

I have been a long time lurker of this forum, waiting for the best time to switch from the Treo 700w to the Saga. I finally got my Saga today and so far I like it. One question I have is where is microsoft office located? It is currently only in my Start Menu. It is not in programs nor can I locate it via file explorer. Any info would be great because I would like to remove it from my start menu to free it up for other shortcuts. Thank you.
  2. pat_the_cat

pat_the_cat New Member

Go:

Start--->Settings--->Personal--->Menus

in there you can check and uncheck items. I think you do up to 7 items. The reason that you can't find them in the programs is because they are in the Start menu. I know. It's strange. Hope that helps.
  3. wewantutopia

wewantutopia New Member

Ok thanks, I didn't even think of looking for the folder being LOCATED in the start menu folder....I would have figured it was a shortcut. Anyway, I just cut and pasted the office folder from start menu to programs.

Thanks!
  4. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

The actuall executable files are in the Windows directory...

I know off the top of my head Word is Pword.exe, not sure of the others
  5. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I suspect it would have done that step for you when you uncheck the item in the settings for the start menu. (In case someone else is wondering)
  6. wewantutopia

wewantutopia New Member

I realised that later when I unchecked opera mobile to be replaced with opera mini. I just wanted to make sure I could locate Office again after the shortcut was removed from the start menu.