Microsoft Explorer - Accelerator number keys

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by ustewjt, Jul 24, 2009.

1. ustewjt

ustewjt New Member

Microsoft Explorer - Accelerator number keys

Alright guys ... What am I doing wrong? I cannot seem to be able to use the number keys as accelerators while viewing webpages in IE … is that just me? Or is this an issue with Ozone. Previously, I always used the numbers with my MotoQ. Now, not so much. What’s up with that? :)

Thanks,
    Tim
  2. gr8mick1

gr8mick1 New Member

I dont think its an ozone thing it works on mine. When i was installing my apps my phone (waiting to reboot till all done) would only do letters even though it showed num mode. I did a reboot and it fixed right away. Worth a shot.
  3. ustewjt

ustewjt New Member

I just rebooted ... I got nothing. I am using google reader and prefer to mark things "read" quickly using the # key ... well, on that (and all other pages with numbers), I am getting no response from the keyboard unless I have given focus to an edit field. Only then does the keyboard work. Still sounds like a software thing and not a hardware issue. Just not sure where that setting is.
  4. ustewjt

ustewjt New Member

I just got off the phone with HTC tech support (866-449-8358) and they told me that their version of Internet Explorer does NOT support the accesskey html tag accellerators. (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_key ).

Personally, I find this frustrating as mobile sites like http://cantoni.mobi/ were designed for use of accelerators. Using the D-Pad as a mouse on these sites can be frustrating at times.

Additionally, they said that they have disabled the Windows update feature on all their phones (news to me but may not have been news to you). So don't expect that to ever connect or work either.
  5. gr8mick1

gr8mick1 New Member

I misread what you said at first I thought you ment the menu shortcuts ie #1 for favorites, and such. Mine works the same as yours no luck maybe we can find away to put the Moto version of IE on the HTC should be do able right.
  6. pizza4

pizza4 New Member

other limitations

I started out loving the O but now less so. I was unable to access the Yahoo website. Eventually HTC tech help said The O does not work with Flash and only a limited extent with Java and so I may never be able to access such sites. Someone suggested trying the mini-opera browser. Guess what? it seems they don't support the O or show it as a compatible device. Never had this problem with my good old Q. Any suggestions for a workaround?
  7. gr8mick1

gr8mick1 New Member

Have you tried Skyfire I know you can install it but not sure if the shortcuts work, no signal at work
  8. ustewjt

ustewjt New Member

For me personally, I cannot get Skyfire to connect to gmail or google reader ... it sits and spins until it comes back with URL too long or something. Sounds like an endless loop. Also, the accellerators do not work - I am guessing because that browser is working as a full browser and not a mobile browser.
  9. pizza4

pizza4 New Member

skyfire

I tried Skyfire briefly. It seemed capable of rendering the actual Yahoo page but not accommodated for the smaller mobile screen. Will play around with it later especially if someone knows how to make the screen fit or at least make it useful.