Microsoft Deepfish

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by y2julio, Mar 29, 2007.

1. y2julio

y2julio New Member

One issue I've noticed, is that if the page you are viewing is long, it wont display it all. ex: kotaku.com
  2. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

Someone beat to it, but I had a similar problem. Different website.
  3. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Same here. I was noticing that the program didnt load the pages as well as PIE. It also seemed allot slower to pull a page, I tried pulling up this site 3 times and each time it took foever and the page did not display correctly. I would really like to a program that will display the page as if you were looking at a computer (possibly Deepfish or etc..). I know it in the works, but with all the advances that have been made with phone services and tech, you would figure that would have already happened by now.

just my opinion.
  4. The23rdletterman

The23rdletterman New Member

does anyone have the cab file and an activation key for deepfish i would really like to try it out. if so can you either post it here or email it to the23rdletterman@hotmail.com thanks i would greatly apreciate it.
  5. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

If you read the earlier parts of this thread, you will see that nobody wants to do that for fear that their version of Deepfish will stop. I want it too but we will have to just wait until MS releases the next version for beta testing. Just keep an eye out for it.
  6. The23rdletterman

The23rdletterman New Member

ok ill do that thanks a lot
  7. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

No problem.:2cool:
  8. gmardre

gmardre New Member

RE

In a company Q&A, LiveLabs director Gary Flake said that Deepfish is a prototype technology, and that Microsoft is not announcing specific plans for making the product more widely available.
  9. SimpleBinary

SimpleBinary New Member

Ugh...WTF?!?!
  10. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

:gasp:NOOOOO!!!!1111 Lies!! All lies!! :angry::angry:I hope their lying. A bad April fools joke. I hope.
  11. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Thats a big time bummer.
  12. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Is that really true though or Smoke & Mirrors talk from Microsoft? Why would they bother to release the Beta version, if at some point they didnt intend to use it?
  13. hanski9

hanski9 New Member

Oh well, so much space of my miniSD card, and now I can add some more. No sense leaving something installed that doesn't work.
  14. gmardre

gmardre New Member

Read it for yourself:

At this time, Deepfish is currently a prototype technology, and we are not announcing any specific plans for making the product more widely available. The goal of Live Labs is to improve and accelerate the evolution of Microsoft’s Internet products and services through applied research, and providing these early prototypes for public testing and feedback is an important part of that ongoing pursuit.
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2007/mar07/03-28Deepfish.mspx

AND...I really can't believe that they invent something great, only to let Apple pass them once again.....
  15. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Which is exactly what I was thinking. So far from all the broswers called out in this thread, it appears that PIE is the best solution for now. Maybe I'm doing something wrong: I live in a EV-DO area (Baltimore City) and it still takes a long time to me to pull up any site in PIE withthe Q. Before I got the Q I had the Samsung M920. That phone picked up the internet really fast. The On-Demand feature was great and really fast. To me the Q is much slower. Like I said mabe I'm doing something wrong. Please let me know if I am.
  16. grunt5811

grunt5811 New Member

Well isnt that how microsoft does business? Finds a company with a good idea buys it, changes it/improves it and calls it their own. Isnt that how they bought the DOS OS many many moons ago. Give it awhile and you will see a new browser from microsoft that kinda looks like deepfish but called something else.
  17. gmardre

gmardre New Member

That they "bought dos" is still questionable.
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

MicroSoft developed MS DOS... i don't believe they "bought" it.
  19. ksmith80209

ksmith80209 New Member

From Wikipedia:

MS-DOS began as QDOS (for Quick and Dirty Operating System), written by Tim Paterson for computer manufacturer Seattle Computer Products (SCP) in 1980. It was marketed by SCP as 86-DOS because it was designed to run on the Intel 8086 processor. QDOS function calls were based on the dominant CP/M-80 operating system, written by Digital Research, but it used a different file system. In a sequence of events that would later inspire much folklore, Microsoft negotiated a license for QDOS from SCP in December 1980 for $25,000, then re-licensed QDOS to IBM. Microsoft then acquired all rights to QDOS for only $50,000 from SCP in July, 1981, shortly before the PC's release.
  20. gmardre

gmardre New Member

Oh! yes....I was confusing "DOS" with "Windows" which I thought I remembered they (Microsoft) "developed" by "looking" at how nicely Apple's OS worked.