Message to Motorola- i bow to you.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by resinis, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resinis

resinis New Member

you guys are right, i dont know why i posted here. this site is little more then a hot-linking page to qusers anyway
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you're funny :}
  3. Indigo4320

Indigo4320 New Member

Yeah, I saw your post. People were getting so riled up over one persons rant, I just felt like repeating the fact that he's entitiled to his opinion. It may benefit newcomers to see both the good and the bad sides of the Q.
  4. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

Blasphemy I Say!!!
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

is this the outcome of smokin' too much or too little resin? lol...
  6. Humanphibian

Humanphibian New Member

ROTF....I was gonna say it earlier...but wondered if I was the only one that saw it....HAHAHA that's too funny :2cool:
  7. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

What strikes me as odd, is that my Q has tken a beating. Multiple drops, and from heights that really amaze me. I jumped form a 5 foot high foundation to dirt and mid jump (plummet?) the Q popped out and hit the dirt along side me. Picked it up, shook it off and stuffed it back in my pocket. I've dropped it getting out of the car (hit pavement), dropped it on hardwood floors and had no issues.

And with the amount of hacks/homescreen changes, I've only done one Master reset since buying it in November 2006.

Makes me think that some people just get a defective phone.
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Anything is bound to happen in mass-produced world. QA can't check all of them.
  9. resinis

resinis New Member

well in my first post here i was told i might actually have a defective q... i should have returned it to sprint when i had my 30 days. now i have to go through motorola.

and i would hope that this forum lets rants be posted. there's many reasons not to like this phone, now people can decide if the good outweighs the bad.

BUT, ill give my q9c a LITTLE credit. just a smidge... a tiny tiny drop of credit, why? its working again! after about 35 failed attempts to master reset (would go blank during the "do not shut off the phone while resetting", for some reason it finally worked! i made a call today, texts, everything seems to be working ok now.

i say we have a pool to see who can guess how long itll last. i got till january before the manufacturers warranty runs out.. and i cant really be without a phone so returning this is the last thing i want to do.
  10. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

Sucks for you man. I dropped mine twice on asphalt as I was trying to put it in my holster and all it sustained was a little dust and a slight dent on the chromed part of the face. I don't have a rubber case or guard or anything.

I love the Q9c. Especially compared to the Palm Centro my Sister has. Batter life, functionality, and screen size is far superior.

But to each their own. Good luck with getting a new "better" phone.
  11. resinis

resinis New Member

i wish. my state just outlawed tobacco too, so i was drinking last night without even nicotine. you see what happens when you have to just drink shot after shot after shot with nothing else to balance it out?

not to mention i was texting my girl at the time when it dropped and died. she knew i was drinking and she thought i got in a car accident... nothing like the combination of drunk and having your girl pissed off without it even being my faultUnsure
  12. Humanphibian

Humanphibian New Member

I made an inquiry to Speck regarding these for the 9Qc:

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/toughskin/moto-q/59

Reply was that they are in development and should be available mid-March 2008. They look like they add a little bulk, but that is not a very big deal to me. I'll be giving it a try when they come out.
  13. resinis

resinis New Member

you think so? i just bought my girl a centro, i thought it was a MUCH better phone then the q. battery life wasnt great, i admit too, but it was responsive and intuitive, something the q cant even dream about. the centro reminded me a lot of my blackberry pearl, at least the way it worked and how everything was neatly put together.
  14. resinis

resinis New Member

im no fashion type of guy, but arent those cases butt ugly?

i doubt it would have helped my much anyway.. i just get the bestskinsever for my phones, they seem to protect better then any case ive used. they dont add bulk either, and that is a big deal to me- i think the q is plenty big as it is.
  15. Humanphibian

Humanphibian New Member

Do you have a link, or specific site address? Only find product for Q (not Q9) on their page.
    I am outside all day, and my stuff gets banged around on a regular basis, so the "look" is not my primary concern. But if there is something else that keeps the bulk down,and offers good protection, I'd love to take a look at it.
  16. Humanphibian

Humanphibian New Member

I found that easy enough...but they have no product listed for the Q9's. Not sure if I was missing something. Do they offer the skin for it yet??

Maybe someone slipped something in my coffee....there was another post here just seconds ago...???

Gonna go get another cup of that stuff!! ;D
  17. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

wtf?? no that would make anyone curse:angry:
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

hell yea....need my copenhagen!
  19. resinis

resinis New Member

well, its outlawed indoors in illinois now. its january though, -9f for a high, no wind chill. might as well be completely outlawed.

sorry, i usually do go to bestskinsever.com for my phones, but they do NOT have a q9c version yet... i dont know why either.

there is the same thing from sheildzone though.. its like $30 shipped but still worth it because you get more pieces then you would from bestskins. check it out, its better then it seems trust me.http://www.qdepot.com/content/accessories/15-43--3448.htm

these things go on with water, and you would think they are just crappy pieces of plastic but once it dries you will understand. it really is a second skin for your phone, one that you cannot even tell its on.
  20. miro

miro New Member

Haha my 16-year old niece's phone did that because of all the text messages.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.