Merge Facebook contact info with Gmail contact info?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by FuzzyReets, Nov 9, 2010.

1. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

Hi folks. I have many people that I have contact information for in gmail contacts and have facebook accounts and when I sync both I have duplicates in my contacts list which is irritating. Anybody?
  2. termleech

termleech Member

Go in to the contact and at the bottom of the screen there should be a chain looking icon (called link). Click that and you can link the two contacts together (from gmail and facebook) which will them make them show as only one contact (they remain two contacts but it only shows as one and merges their information together on the phone for viewing). It's suppose to do it automatically but sometimes it can't figure it out.
  3. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

Got it. Thanks very much. Great feature.
  4. termleech

termleech Member

You also have the option of only showing facebook contacts which you have entries for in your address book (so gmail in your example). It's in the settings > contacts or something like that (I can dig it up if you want). I turned this on since I only care about showing contacts from facebook I have in my address book. It will still show all updates from all your facebook friends in the friends hub, it just limits the people you see as contacts.
  5. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

Yeah if you know where that is that would be great. I thought I saw that yesterday but I couldn't find it when I went back. Thanks.