Memory Cards - Nothing over 2gig

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Hyundaifixer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

Memory Cards - Nothing over 2gig

Hello. I'm trying to find an answer to my question.

I have a Q9C. Running 6.1. We got the phones on Thanksgiving. I was told that I should be able to put up to a 32 gig card into the phone. Motorola Customer Support says that 2 gig is the largest, but I'm told that's for the older gray phone. Ours are black.

We purchased some 4 gig cards and it would lock the phones up. We went back and got the 2 gig cards and they work.

So...how do I get a larger card to work in my phone?

Any numbers on my phone that would help figure this out?

Wonderful site BTW.....
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

The Q9c can take upto 32GB..

when you say it locked up with the larger card, how long did you wait before pulling the battery?
  3. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

we put the cards in, and waited a few minutes and the phone did nothing.

I also tried powering the phone off, putting the card in, and then powering it up. It would just stay on the "moto" logo. So I pulled the battery.
  4. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Should work....Others here have atleast 8gb. I've only got a 1gb, try some of the sugg. mention about getting it to recognize the card.

I don't remember them specifically, but search for something like phone wont recognize my storage card. things like that.
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

may have to play with it..if you have ever played nintendo you know the deal :)
  6. the bigger the cards the slower the read/ write access is....
  7. SLUFDRIVER

SLUFDRIVER New Member

Don't know; I've got the 16GB in my Q9c and all is well. In fact, I plugged it into my Q9m to see what would happen, and it opened the files. Both phones indicate 14.83GB in memory manager.
  8. Boycan

Boycan New Member

my 8 gig works great :)
  9. bruceatk

bruceatk New Member

I am using a Sandisk 8 Gig with my Q9c w/WM6.1, no problems.

Bruce
  10. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

i guess i'll go find a larger card and put it in....and wait. I'd really like to put the biggest card in I can so as to not have to worry about things for a while....
  11. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

16gb i believe
  12. crb79

crb79 New Member

My Q9c (grey and black) works fine with everything from 1-8gb cards. What is the memory card maker? If it's Lexmark that's where your problem is. Also other non-official makers use crap materials and many of the cards just don't work. I'd stick with a Sandisk.

Also if Motorola said 2gb max your phone isn't a Q9c. Q9c specifications state 32gb max on motorola webpage.
  13. musicman715

musicman715 New Member

I'm of the same sentiment...been looking at purchasing the q 9c for a while now, but want to know the largest size sd it'll handle before I go get one for it, so I'd be good for a while....this does look like the right site to find the answer if I buy it and it doesn't work...hopefully :) I had two different responses when I called sprint tech support...one person said it'd handle up to 32gb, but I called back for a second opinion as Sprint customer service has not been breathtaking in the past...the second person told me only 2gb...now I'm confused...

P.S. I'm new to the forum, and have just registerd and don't have a button to post a new thread...do I need permission to do so, and how can I get it??
  14. Welcome.
    Also according to various reports it will support up to 4gb, but others on here have gone beyond that. I think motorola just played it safe by saying 4 gb.
  15. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

well FWIW I put my friends 8 gig card in and it read it. I could view his pictures.....couple I wish I had not though!!!
  16. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

The Q9 series will take 32gb. Q1 sometimes get iffy over 6gb.
  17. musicman715

musicman715 New Member

Thanks...I'll see the Motorola website

sweet!...Thanks, I'll check out the motorola website...any good deals you've seen on a 32GB by sandisk?

musicman715
  18. musicman715

musicman715 New Member

I checked out the Motorola website under FAQ's then Moto Q 9 C, Memory Compadability chart, and they only say 8gb...do you have a link to the page where they say 32gb? Until then, I'll keep lookin'

Thanks
  19. rob_lake@yahoo.com

rob_lake@yahoo.com New Member

I got my Kingston 8GB Micro SDHC Mobility Multi Kit Model MBLY/8GB at newegg.com in Dec for $19. I see they are currently $25.
  20. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

any updates on this? I want to go get a bigger card but dont want to waste my $ on one if it wont work...2gig is about full.