memory card troubles

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by kdongre, May 8, 2008.

1. kdongre

kdongre New Member

memory card troubles

i saved a game to my memory card on my moto q9m and now i cant delete it from my memory card. i already deleted the program on my phone but it still shows up on my memory card. i have no idea how to delete it and it also is causing problems when i try to put music on my phone from my computer via usb cable. after i save music from my computer to my phone it doesnt show up. can anybody help me?
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

About the music, did you update your library in Windows Media Player after putting new songs on your card?

As for the game, did you try exploring your Q through Active Sync and deleting the game/files from your PC?
  3. kdongre

kdongre New Member

yea i did update my library after putting new songs on my card. and i tried to explore the Q through active sync and i tried to delete the game files but after i disconnect my phone from my computer the files still show up if i turn my phone on and off. i tried deleting the files on my phone after but it said failed, permission denied. i also tried to put songs on my phone after i got rid of a few of the things i couldnt delete before but it woudnt work. before all this i also tried to to a master reset and the files still show. i guess keeping the files on the memory card isnt a big deal but i think its stopping me from putting songs on my phone.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

perhaps reformating the card...
  5. Geekster

Geekster New Member

May be a long shot here but did you install the game through the PC? Is the game still installed on the PC? If the game wasn't un-installed correctly through the PC then it will keep "installing" --writing files to the card. Make sure you have deleted the game from PC, reboot both, then sync & try to delete the game then. And use File Manager or through Active Sync and make sure there are no file "residue" in the program folders on the card and phone.
    I had the same problem with a program that I couldn't get rid of.
    May or may not help you but worth a shot
  6. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

also make sure the game isnt running that could be why you cant delete it go to task manager and end the task if it is running
  7. kdongre

kdongre New Member

i tried formatting the card but the files still showed up. i think the card is unformattable or something becuase i tried to format it on my friends phone but that didnt work either it said that the formatting failed. i erased my files on accident before and that is pretty much how this all started.
  8. kdongre

kdongre New Member

i didnt install the game through the PC. i tried rebooting my card and the PC but that didnt work either. i feel like im computer illiterate right now or maybe its just my memory card.
  9. Geekster

Geekster New Member

It could be. Do you have a card reader you could use? Or maybe start bugging some friends to see if you could borrow one? Let a PC take over with no connection to the phone. If it doesn't format with the PC then it has to be the card. They do go bad.
  10. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

another solution...if you have no friends or card reader

take the card with you to wal mart and use a display digi cam to fornat it
  11. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Can't do that in the store we have here! The wicked b/witch just lurks around the camera & photo center like she's guarding the goose that laid that golden egg or something. If you look at something she's on ya' with all her knowledge (ahem) about camera's. It's scary. I don't go in there too much but when I have too, I make a wide path to avoid that section of the store.
    I know, off topic, yell at me in the morning if you have to.
  12. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I will set my alarm... 4am good for you?

:)
  13. kdongre

kdongre New Member

i tried to use my friends computer to format the card without connecting my phone and it said the card could not be formatted. so im guessing the card is messed up. do you know if verizon returns memory cards after a few months?
  14. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I don't know if they will or not. Mostly retailers are "you opened it it's yours" policy on a lot of electronics, especially after a "few months". Maybe within a week or two but after awhile?
    Another thought though; do you still have the packaging it came in? It will usually tell you how long the warranty is for.
    Best bet is to either stop by the store or give them a call where you bought the card & explain the problem and what steps you took & ask them if they would exchange the card for a new one. Can't hurt to try.
    Good luck.
  15. geeber

geeber New Member

Same Problem

I seem to have the same problem only with music. I orginally saved music on to my phone's memory and I can't seem to delete it properly. I went to file manager and was able to delete the songs,which gave me more memory space. However, I can't delete the actual folders. I know it doesn't take any memory but still can I delete the folders?? Also, it is hard to find a "MINI" sd card. I can find "micro" and also the adapters but neither fit the phone. Can anyone help a brother out?
  16. sherri

sherri Active Member

I have a micro card inside a mini adapter. San Disk sells them (The package has a micro card/mini adapter/and full adapter. Look here...

[​IMG] SanDisk 2GB microSD Card with Adapters for Motorola Q, Q9h, Q9c (more)
    Larger compatibility range of devicesOnly $24.95

Where are the folders you are trying to delete? If you go in through the phones file manager, highlight the folder/right soft key/a list should come up, with "delete" as an option....