Memory card ?'s

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by UFmatt86, Sep 19, 2006.

1. UFmatt86

UFmatt86 New Member

Memory card ?'s

Hey everyone, my Q is on it's way and I've got some questions! If I were to get a 1gb card, how many songs approximately will it be able to hold? Also, I need to mini sd right? The little card with the holder that both go in the phone also, correct? Can anyone recommend any brands? Thanks guys.

Matt
  2. scoutnex

scoutnex New Member

with a 1 gb card you can probably squeeze about 280 songs on. give or take. as far as brand goes pretty much any brand will do. kingston, sandisk etc. I use kingston never had a problem. You do need mini SD but the phone doesnt require the little card holder. that is only for connecting the card directly to your pc etc.
  3. UFmatt86

UFmatt86 New Member

Alright, how many songs can the Q hold w/ now memory card? Also, is the $29.99 memory card in the everything W store an ok brand? Thanks again for the info.
  4. scoutnex

scoutnex New Member

the 1gb car for 29.95 will work just fine. I have the 2gb version of that chip and have had no problems.

The Q has about 50 mb of onboard storage. give or take. so you can probably squeeze about 10 songs give or take.

the memory card is well worth the 30 bucks.
  5. dipgolf

dipgolf New Member

I bought a 1gb Dana Elec sd card when I had a Treo. Worked great. Sucks that I have to buy a mini sd now. I'm not sure if the adaptor that makes the mini sd an sd comes with everyone, but I would suggest making sure you get one.
  6. scoutnex

scoutnex New Member

the everything Q store has that option to buy with or without. its an extra 10 bucks to buy the adaptor.