memory card not working please help!

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Pro' started by Weapondrift, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

memory card not working please help!

Today I accidentally dropped my phone on the tile floor. First thing I looked for was any damage to the phone but there was none. I started looked at my memory card for something but my phone says the memory card isnt recognized. I am on my PC now and even my PC doesnt recognize my memory card. I performed a Hard Reset and now im without contact etc.
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

If the PC doesn't recognize it....it might be toast. Any time I have had a card problem.....the PC can see it. Try to get it to set well in the adapter and try again. Sometimes blowing a little 'hot Breath' on the contacts will allow the adapter to seat the card better.
  3. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

Thats freaky. Sorry to hear about this Weap. Did you ever get it working ? I guess this is a good example as to why we need to have online back up. I know how you feel. :019:nooo I guess my sig is fitting for the moment.
  4. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Thanks man, no I still havent gotten it to work...so theirs not a way to retreive ANY data from it Im guessing?
  5. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I have not used any but, would'nt your computer have to see the card before data recovery software could do its job ?
    You really should consider useing myphone.microsoft in the future. I really like it.
  6. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

thats what I was thinking...but I dint know if theres another way :/ Wishful thinking I guess...what makes it worse is that its a 6gb card and ALL of my contacts are on there >.< not to meantion all my programs. I placed copies of the programs on my computer but I figured the memory card would be enough...I guess not :(

I was using PIM backup originally but *sigh* idk what to do now lol
  7. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

So... Do you have them in Outlook or maybe on an old phone laying around ? Just thinkin out loud Buddy !!! :033:pray
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

all your contacts are in pim.vol which is on the device drift...its not possible to move that file to the card. so that is where it should be safe and sound.

or am i reading this entire thread wrong? =)
  9. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

He has already done a Master Reset. :dft002:zombie
    or maybe not ...Weap did state "Hard Reset"
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

ahhh...very true. and if that is the case....lil buddy drifter should of known this. im pullin the rookie card....

that and if you gonna make a hard copy of yur pim..store it on your pc as well..and other places.

=)
  11. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

when I switched to Touch Pro I never transfered .pim vol altho I was using PIM backup

Yep did A Master Reset thinking it was the phone and not the card itself.

I THINK I have vzwsync (which is what I was using when I had my Q) so Ill sheck there...tho Idk if it will sync up :/
  12. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

Good luck to ya Drift. We all f*&% up sometimes ... oops :034:shaking_head
  13. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

thank you sir lol.

I looked at .pim and its not running in any application (total commander/etc) which I think has to do with my master reset. However, Im gonna buy another micro card later and start all my contacts from scratch. My biggest disappointment is that 4gb of that card had nothing but programs that I frequently use. Its not so much my backups but everything else I have to recopy to another memory card lol.
  14. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I use the Gmail Exchange server. Has anyone tried to use MyPhone and Gmail Exchange at the same time? USCC also has My Contacts Backup but it is a huge program that runs all the time so I uninstalled it. XP can't copy my card. Will have to try on Vista right now. <knees crossed with hands over privates>
  15. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

apparently this isnt a good day for contacts lol
  16. bberryhill0

Whew! Vista had no problem copying my card. Not sure how many hundred contacts I have but it would suck to lose them. <knees uncrossed for now>
  17. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

HEY LET ME BORROW YOUR CARD FOR A FEW DAYS lol
  18. bberryhill0

Why sure. Let me know when you get into RDM so I can give you directions to my shack in the woods. Its just a half hour from the airport.
  19. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

lol awesome ill leave tonight! XD
    and why does that sound like the making of a horror movie!
  20. bberryhill0

It's not that bad! You only have to pass two of the thirty golf courses in the area to get from RDM to Sisters. It's all high desert here.