Meeting with Motorola and need your Q Feedback ***

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by chris, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkeichner

dkeichner New Member

1. Light weight & 320 X 240 screen.
    2. Got it as a gift (I wanted the Treo 700W, mainly for the stylus).
    3. Better batt life. (4~6 hrs wont get me from coast to coast).
    4. Treo 700W.
    5. My Q would be great if.., batt life lasted a week, cases worked for both std and extended batts, there was a charger that could charge outside of the phone.
  2. wayww@optonline.net

wayww@optonline.net New Member

Please educate

Please enlighten me, I have tried several different downloads and all failed...
  3. xraymed

xraymed New Member

Not sure really what you are wanting Help on. You need to be more specific. Also I think you might be in the wrong thread. This is a feedback post on the moto q and what we might like for future improvements.
  4. varnos

varnos New Member

1. What do you love most about your Q?
    2. Why did you choose the Q over other smartphones?
    3. If you could change one thing about your Q, what would be?
    4. If you didn't own a Q, which smartphone would you purchase?
    5. Complete this statement, "My Q would be great if...."
    1. Love the size, total package PDA, phone, camera.
    2. Motorola rocks when it comes to reception, (I am in a low reception area, most phones give little to no reception where I am, rural Ohio.)
    3. Needs to come much more software preferably color coded categories for scheduler.
    4. Wouldn't, I would stick to a flip phone and my Dell PDA.
    5. As stated in 3, give me more software in the bundle package.
  5. pbs357

pbs357 New Member

Any news?

Chris, how did the meeting go? Was there any feedback they had to give? Thanks!
  6. garment69

garment69 New Member

MY Q WOULD BE GREAT IF...............

1) It had spell check
    2) Motorola could get with Microsoft and figure out why 51 mgs of Ram is not enough to run every application at the same time (like on the 700wx).
  7. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

I was wondering the same thing, how did the Moto meeting go? Now that I have had my Q for over a month I can say my Treo 700w has been sold and is shipping out tomorrow :) the Q is working out better for me. With that said my current issue with Moto is the 6mb's of junk they put into the ROM and the amount of RAM that is available. We should decide if we want ringtones and video clips installed or not and the RAM should be more efficiently used.
  8. rdstoll

rdstoll New Member

After little more than a week with my Q, here's my early read:
    1) Love the screen and call quality!
    2) Form factor
    3) Add another Caps button to the left side of the phone
    4) Treo 700wx
    5) ".....it was easier to customize menu options and organizing program lists. Actually, just more customizable in general"
  9. Washburn

Washburn New Member

1) Everything except the speed.
    2)The price. On a contract was only 150. (I'm in BC, Canada, so that would be about 129 or so for US)
    3) Faster, Faster
    4) Treo 700
    5) It really should come ome ready to edit, not just view Word files, as well as more robust software such as full-blown Outlook for better on-board contact and time management (I found the calender to be weak. I use Agenda 1), text note taking capabilities are lacking (I use SmartphoneNotes), needs a higher res camera (3 megapix).

But it's software shortcomings I'm sure are on purpose in order to inspire us to spend more on third party stuff.

My only real complaint would be the speed. Even with no third party software to possibly bog it down, the Q still is slow to scroll with either the wheel or the d-pad.

But I do love my Q.
  10. inf3st

inf3st New Member

Just and FYI to everyone. This meeting has been completed already.
  11. darkcyber

darkcyber New Member

1. The look, the size the keyboard.

2. One big factor to me was hoping that My-Cast weather would work with it in the future, they are working on a fix for it. It will not work on any other Smart phones or PDA's.

3. I would love to see the screen surface made of some other kind of material that doesn't show constant smudges and fingerprints.

4. After all the research I did, I would probably purchase a Q, just like I did. I would rather had a Q Pro, but not out yet :frown:

5. If it had more memory/storage space for larger or better OS. Right now it feels very limiting on the things you could install.

5. If the battery life was much much longer. (Sorry, had two 5's :2cool: )
  12. gkt

gkt New Member

1. It's small and black.
    2. Got it from a Verizon store for $80 after rebates, can't beat that. Palms are too big. I have Verizon, but cingular has all of the decent smart phones.
    3. UI. The UI programming is terrible. Basic button usage and menus are programmed in the most illogical manner. Menus and buttons are inconsistent.
    4. Blackberry pearl or iphone
    5. My Q would be great if it was an iphone. I kid. It would be great if I could tweak the UI to a more fuller extent.
  13. Elklake

Elklake New Member

I wish they would increase the vibrate. Like all phones, you can hardly feel the vibrate
  14. Elklake

Elklake New Member

Task editing

Suggest to Motorola that they send new software to edit the tasks. I can sync them nicely with my computer, but once they are in, I cannot change the tasks on my phone
  15. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

That would be a MS item. All smartphones do that but check Oxios todo list.
  16. rickp

rickp New Member

I've owned Treo 650, Imate Jam, PPC 6700, and now Moto Q...

1. I love the thinness of the phone. I like the fact that the phone will fit in my pocket. Keep it thin!!!
    2. I chose the Q for because it's thin and I prefer the keyboard always available (instead of sliding out or touch screen).
    3. Hopefully WM6 will fix a lot of annoyances like Open/Edit Office documents, etc so offer that is a must. Also, higher resolution screen, normal headphone jack (not mini) and Bluetooth 2.0
    4. Palm 700wx
    5. It had WM6 already!
  17. Hustler

Hustler New Member

Complete this statement, "My Q would be great if...."

WIFI WIFI WIFI!!!!!!!!!!! This phone needs WIFI I was heavily considering the Q because of its looks, slim design, large screen. But I do NOT want to pay for verizons monthly data link charge. As a student our college has wifi everywhere and I'm looking for something inbetween a laptop and my current RAZOR. I love the motorola products but without the WIFI the Q is useless to me. To answer the alternative statement, I am considering buying the Samsung i760 because it does have WIFI. Motorola needs to get on the ball with a WIFI capable CDMA phone that they won't let Verizon cripple like they do the rest of their phones. I know I'm not the only one, many business folks work in WIFI hotspot areas and this feature is worth the one time price instead of the verizon bend me over every month fee. Thats great verizon offers EVDO, but it should be an option not a requirement to get your phone online.
  18. sdiddy

sdiddy New Member

well im just trying it out for 30 days and deciding if i want to keep it or go back to the tro 650 that i know and love. maybe not love...but like. the 2 most important things to me on the Q are that it is very minimalist and low profile (important to my philosophy in life), and that it has wonderful bluetooth functionality (voice dialing, etc). this makes driving and talking safer and thats important to me.
    1. Why did you choose the Q over other smartphones?
    it has a great brand name and it has pretty good reviews. it looks nice too. sprint doesnt really offer a lot of options anways for smartphones.
    1. If you could change one thing about your Q, what would be?
    only one thing? ouch. well....for starters i would make a lot of the functionality more like a palm. cleaner, more intuitive and easier. and DEFINITELY NEEDS SMS THREADER! a better calendar too.
    1. If you didn't own a Q, which smartphone would you purchase?
    treo 650. had one for 2 years and still thinking about returning the Q and going back to it.
    1. Complete this statement, "My Q would be great if...."
    it had sms threader. a better calendar. could have bluetooth on with my headset nearby, but could still pick up the handset and answer it without having to disable bluetooth (or maybe a very quick and easy bluetooth toggle?). texts messages should have the option of popping up right on yrou screen when they come in. picuremail in a text format (its crazy it doesnt have this!!!). a "pearl-like" scrolling ball in the middle of the 4 way navigation button. bigger pictures and font on the caller ID. more "normal" sound options that arent musical tones. more customizing options...like compressing fonts on differnet applications...there is too much wasted space in the screens.

make these changes and i wouldnt think twice about leaving treo and palm forever! for now....i havent decided.....having a lot of annoying little issues.....thanks!
  19. sikigirl

sikigirl New Member

What do you love most about your Q?
    The shape and size.
    Why did you choose the Q over other smartphones?
    It is the only product available that has this candy bar qwerty and a decent camera.
    If you could change one thing about your Q, what would be?
    The product is solid, the software is a bit buggy.
    If you didn't own a Q, which smartphone would you purchase?
    The LG V or a sidekick
    Complete this statement, "My Q would be great if there were more frequent upgrades to the software.. and a decent web browser would be nice too.

sikigirl
  20. e17023

e17023 New Member

this piece of shit phone i bought 3 days ago turns off every 15 min and the only way to turn it on is to take the battery out and replace it. 3 days old...piece of fucking shit.

other than that i love it...size, display, features, everything...WHEN THE GOD DAMN THING TURNS ON
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.