Media Player Mobile - suggestions for optimal use

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by zydjunky, Mar 2, 2008.

1. zydjunky

zydjunky New Member

Howdy Yall,

Just bought my Moto Q 9M and trying to get maximum use from the media player to turn it into my primary mobile music device.

I have a 4GB card on the way, so for now I am doing basic album loads from my PC (have MP3's saved in my Music match Jukebox and Window Media Player).

What resources would you suggest I turn to figure out how to down load the songs/albums efficiently so I'll be able to easily access and play them on my Moto Q.

** Websites describing best practices?

So far I have been successful and happy with the quality of the play, and speed of the sync. But I realize I'll likely run into capacity issues.

Thoughts?
    Suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,

Bruce
  2. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

For music Windows Media Player is sufficient, but eventually I would suggest you try out TCPMP for your media playback, music and/or videos.

As for transferring your songs, right now you are limited to syncing to do the transfers, but when you get your SD Card, the fastest way is to stick that SD Card into your PC's card reader and merely copy and paste all your songs, and eventually your videos. They will all play perfectly from your SD Card.
  3. zydjunky

zydjunky New Member

THANKS!!!!

The Salesperson at Verizon mentioned I might want to modify the files before I copied/synched them, to a more condensed format. I was suspect of the need and value in taking that extra step.

Rather than condensing down the files, I figure with the cost of memory so low, if I max out one 4GB I could just get a second ....

Your thoughts?

Bruce
  4. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

With the MP3s being only about 3 or 4 MBs each, it'll take a helluva lot of songs to fill up just 2 Gigs. And the other 2 Gigs can be for whatever you'd like, more music, program files, videos, etc...

I have a 2 Gig card and use less than 1 Gig for music 'and' programs, the other Gig is for loading movies and after watching the movie I delete it and load another... I condense each DVD to about 900 MBs or so.
  5. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Hey MBK2 Ive been using CuCuSoft for my movie burns, do you have any recomendations?
  6. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Honestly, Im using a 6gb for my phone I have 47 songs on it, a movie, the complete Calvin and Hobbes, and Enders Game by Orson Scott Card. Unless you plan on ALOT of downloads for your phone it should take a awhile before you use up the memory on the phone. I dont recommend filling it with alot of extra programs like the TV and the satellite radio and such just because thats what slowed down my phone last time.
  7. zydjunky

zydjunky New Member

Thanks for this "multi" media perspective. Knowing my media consumption patterns, I consume in mono (well hopefully stereo) because music rules for me. Not concerned about other programs (though I appreciate the caution), because it aint gunna happen ... I just dont have the time or inclination to explore aps that I know I wont use.

So back to my original question ...

What resources would you suggest I turn to figure out how to down load the songs/albums efficiently so I'll be able to easily access and play them on my Moto Q.

** Websites describing best practices?

So far I have been successful and happy with the quality of the play, and speed of the sync. But I realize I'll likely run into capacity issues.

Thoughts?
    Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your input ...

8. seafood

seafood New Member

Sort of in the same boat. I have a 6gb card and currently have a couple hundred songs on it The phone really is great for mobile music.

My question is this. With Window Media Player (I have version 11, vista) for music that is "burned", not original CD. When I rip the music onto my PC I need to manually enter the Artist and Song Title.

Several problems I would LOVE answers to:

1. WMP seems to want to organize the music by album. I enter the artist and then the song title. Sometimes it remembers it and other times it loses the info. I especially notice this when I go into Exlpore to copy and paste the music to my SD card. I notice that my "manual" entries are not showing up. Just Track 1, Track 2, etc etc.

2. WMP then has trouble organzing the songs into a correct folder. For instance. I rip a store bought CD, by lets say, John Denver. It automatically sets up a folder for John Denver and organizes correctly. But then I rip one single John Denver song from another album and it won't put it into the John Denver folder.

Anyway...I REALLY want to avoid downloading antoher music management software setup. I would really like to stick with WMP.

Any thoughts on getting me headed in right direction?
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Sorry it took so long to respond. Just got back from my two days off. :laugh2:
    Anywho to your question....

I try to either download songs via Limewire (shhh) or burn them from a CD. As long as you use your Windows Media Player to transfer the songs you dont have to worry about changing the format of the song.
    Ill give you some help as far as transfering (this is what I usually do):
    \Open Windows Media Player
    \Connect your phone to your computer (this should open Active Sync)
    \Open whatever default song player you usually use (rhapsody, Jukebox, etc)
    \click and drag X amount of songs to Windows media player.
    \press Sync at the bottom of windows media player after youve loaded all the song you want
    \unplug when its done
    \enjoy

typically when you load the songs this way it will organize the songs into different folders. Band/album(s)/songs. You should find your songs under Media Player if its not there then go to: Start Menu/File manager/Storage card(where I save my songs)/Music.

As far as the capacity issues, I recommend loading everything on your storage card, this will allow the Q to run its normal programs at a decent speed. (*FYI tidbit Bluetooth headsets allow you to listn to the songs without bothering anyone else) (well unless your into bothering others with your music :tounge:)
  10. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Instead of "Copying" and "Pasting" try this, just drag the music to WMP and then click on the Sync button. I dont use vista (yet :gasp:) but Ill try to help you as much as I can.

2. WMP then has trouble organzing the songs into a correct folder. For instance. I rip a store bought CD, by lets say, John Denver. It automatically sets up a folder for John Denver and organizes correctly. But then I rip one single John Denver song from another album and it won't put it into the John Denver folder.[/quote] Im not going to try to mislead you but this MAY be because the CD is written in a specific format vs the MP3.s. Whe I usually transfer the songs via WMP it usually creates a folder that ive already made and saved on my computer. for example: John Denver Is My Hero is saved on my computer, when I transfer the songs to my Q the folder JohnDenver Is My Hero should be there.
  11. jackson93383

jackson93383 New Member

I have the original Q and somehow i turned off the volume for the windows media player, and i cant figure out what i did. it still rings so it cant be the speakers.
  12. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Naaaaaaahhhhhhhhh . . . ya didn't turn it OFF, ya turned it DOWN. Just use your scrollwheel to turn it back up in media player. :) -Q
  13. jackson93383

jackson93383 New Member

i did the volume level is at 100% and the song is playing. At least the seconds are ticking away.
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

YOUR associations all correct? :) -Q
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

Push IN on the side scroll wheel, until the volume bar comes up. THEN scroll up...
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sherri to the rescue!
  17. sherri

sherri Active Member

Only if if helps!!:tounge:
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

oh...yours is right! :) - Q
  19. jackson93383

jackson93383 New Member

It did work! thank you so much!!