Me and a WP7. Day 1.

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Flaystus, Dec 17, 2010.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

@ Bitpusher2600: Gotta disagree. I belong to a couple other forums and other phones in the WP7 lineup also have issues with Marketplace, sudden reboots etc etc.
    The video quality for Youtube over 3g does suck on the Focus, but over wireless the HD videos look fine. I have a couple of apps that stream video and even over 3g the video quality is absolutely stunning! And, with all due respect, since day one I have read about issues with the screen on the HTC models. Quite frankly, none of the HTC offerings come close to the beauty of the Focus' S-AMOLED screen.
    In the end, it's whatever device suits your tastes. I would have loved if the Focus had 16gb of storage and a 4.3 inch screen, but I still personally think that the Focus is the premier WP7 phone so far. Not a huge fan of the Dell..way too bulky for my tastes and the screen is not S-AMOLED.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

If the Focus had a 4.3inch and 16gb, I probably would've stayed with the Focus, because bigger is better ;)
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Must ....resist ...
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID !!!

Dammit..couldn't help myself.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Works every time! LOL
  5. BitPusher2600

BitPusher2600 Member

Right on. The screen thing is totally preference to me. S-AMOLED is sharp, but I'd rather have a larger, physical screen real estate. As long as photos of my baby look crystal clear, I'm set. I don't intend to watch hi-def (ie 720 or 1080) movies on my device, so I'm not at all displeased about the tradeoff between that and this. The initial run of HD7's had a screen flicker problem due to the video chip not being seated quite properly. It was my understanding that was resolved fairly quickly (and I certainly hope so, about two months and some in with no probs yet.)

In any event, I guess I have to stick to my story, I'm somewhat lucky because I've had no bug issues, at least not that I'm aware of :) .

Like I say, its all about the geeks individual contentment eh? Praise "Bob"