Mango Release Date

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Mar 9, 2011.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I know, we don't even have NoDo yet.:mad: I've seen rumors of it being pushed to next year, but those are rumors. I cannot imagine them not releasing this fall. Has anyone seen any official quotes from MS on Mango? I'm just wondering about the wording... Q4, Fall, Holiday Season.

Multitasking is something I miss when moving platforms. Hopefully, NoDo improves upon App launch times, so it won't bother me as much.
  2. ajayden

ajayden Member

Chris,
    I really am fed up with their delay tactics. I think we all need to keep our fingers crossed and pray hard to receive the Mango update at least in the next two years.
  3. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Well, we just have to wait and see what is said at the May 25 event in London. Apparently it will be heavily focused on the future of WP7, specifically the Mango update platform release.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

If they are listening (and I assume they are), this would be a perfect time to provide users with a firm roadmap. For example, Mango will get released in early September. I'm not so sure they'd be willing to do that given all the pressure associated with NoDo's non-release. They still have time to meet the "early March" deadline. If they do that, provide us with a Mango update, I'd be happy with the progress.
  5. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

As far as i know, all the "release dates" i've read about so far, have been rumours and heresay. Theres been very little in the way of actual feedback from Microsoft.

I know from other MS products (like the xbox), Microsoft don't tend to announced their official release dates, until they are absolutely sure they can hit them.

The moaning about "delays" is exactly the same on the xbox, when all the "delays" are actually just because people have paid too much attention to rumours.

Roadmaps are all well and good, but they are never accurate. They either lead to disappointments of delays, or products released before they are ready, to hit a set date.
  6. Hiram

Hiram Member

Here in Puerto Rico, mangoes are squeezed into juice. That's how I feel with the pre-update release no-release, the NoDo a no-go yet, and now hearing about Mango. Like I'm being squeezed! :mad: I'm not a tecky, so I hope I don't end up regretting not getting an iPhone instead of the Focus!
  7. RobR

RobR Member

If the phone manufacturers and carriers get their act together there wouldn't be so many delays. Paul Thurott said the NoDo update has been ready since January, a guy at Winrumours is already running it (I assume for testing) and says it's a March 21st release with some carriers pushing it to the 24th. Didn't the pre-update bricking only affect certain Samsung phones? If so a failure in testing on their part.