Managing Contacts with ActiveSync?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by QManBen, Jan 25, 2008.

1. QManBen

QManBen New Member

Managing Contacts with ActiveSync?

Once you have sync'd your phone with your PC with ActiveSync, can you then go into your contacts in ActiveSync (on your PC) and manage / change the contacts?

Ive had my Q for about 2 weeks and am on my 3rd Q (returned due to non working buttons mainly). Each phone I sync with my PC has all the contacts duplicated. So, tonight with my 3rd phone, it TRIPLED my contacts. Before connecting and syncing each new phone I have ended the parternership with the PC and the old phone. I thought that would clear the contacts, but obviously not.
  2. Eugene

Eugene New Member

There are no contacts in activesync, its just a conduit to MSOutlook. Open Outlook and look at the contacts in there, I bet they are in duplicate in it too.
  3. QManBen

QManBen New Member

Ok, so I see all the duplicated contacts in Outlook. If I delete the duplicates there will it not duplicate them on my phone when I sync it next? In other words, will changes I make to the contacts in Outlook update on the phone?
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yes they will
    once you plug your phone in again and active sync starts it will update your phone
  5. lexicon

lexicon New Member

make sure you select replace items on my device and if prompted choose to replace not merge items.