Making the switch from Treo 650 to Q...

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by BrandNew, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandNew

BrandNew New Member

Making the switch from Treo 650 to Q...

I have been researching the Q for some time and my Treo 650 has recently become unusable and can be replaced with the insurance. I am planning on replacing my 650 via insurance, switching to the Q and selling the unopened replacement 650 on eBay to offset the cost. What is the best way to do this? I have never replaced a phone with the insurance before, but I want to minimize the time I am without any of the phones because it is my main work number. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any advice for getting the discounted price through Verizon? I was told I am not eligible for the upgrade until next spring, but with my current Treo broken now is the best time to make the switch and I would prefer to not pay full price for the Q.

Thanks in advance.
  2. vzwchick

vzwchick New Member

good luck

good luck with geting a discount if you are not eligible till Next Spring..... your best luck will be to call Asurion or Lockline.. which ever you have and paying the 50 dollar deductible... cause if your upgrade date is that far out... sorry its not gona happen.... The Moto Q is 419.99 for Retail price..... or you could look on EBAY for something cheaper.....

GOOD LUCK!
  3. tangible

tangible New Member

What vzwchick says is historically true, but today VZW started talking to the press about new policies that will let people out of their contracts on a pro-rated basis, and will offer new-user discounts to existing users. You may want to wait a few days for this to get fleshed out.
  4. vzwchick

vzwchick New Member

its going to be more than a few days ... Wink more like months
  5. Cornbread

Cornbread New Member

OK if your Treo 650 is broke and you have insurance you should just be able to trade your Treo for a Q. If not just tell them you lost your 650 and then you can use your insurance to get a Q, you will just have to pay the deductable I believe. Anyway, I switched from a Treo 650 to a Q and it was seemless. Just go to https://www5.wirelesssync.vzw.com and switch your phone to the Q, then once you get your new phone dial *228 and program your phone, then hang up and dial *228 again and update your roaming capabilities, after that try to connect to the internet, if successful then hit the wireless sync button on your Q, after that all your new e-mails will be pushed to your new Q.
  6. tangible

tangible New Member

Re "...just tell them you lost your 650...":
    Well, as long as you're willing to commit a felony it may be simpler to just go into a Verizon store and take a Q at gunpoint.
  7. vzwchick

vzwchick New Member

Not going to work!! Careful what you say in here.. There are Members that are Employers of the companies in here.. So ya.. The Insurance companies are not that stupid.. They have access to the accts when it comes to filing claims for lost / stolen ... PLUS you have to have a Police Report / Date of Purchase / ESN for previous Equipment...
  8. Cornbread

Cornbread New Member

Simmer down guys and gals, that is why you have insurance. Whether it is broke or lost, who cares, he needs a new phone and has insurance, he has stated he has never used his insurance before so he is clearly not just trying to cheat Verizon. I know people that have got a replacement phone with their insurance for lost or damaged phones, and no they don't need a police report. The ESN and date of purchase are in the Verizon computer database.
  9. vzwchick

vzwchick New Member

bunches has changed.. the insurance companies now require a Police report when claim phone as Lost / Stolen.. But hey like ((TANGIBLE)) said... if you want to commit a Felony.. Go for it... But I am sorry .. The phone is not worth it....

They would only send him a Different phone if they had none of the 650's in stock...

And also about the Date of Purchase & ESN's... Do you think that these 2 Companies don't communicate??? :wacko:

LOL!!! Your Funny..
  10. vzwchick

vzwchick New Member

Its because of people like YOU why they have changed so much in there Policies... But yea.. Whatevers Clever for ya Buddy Wink
  11. Cornbread

Cornbread New Member

........., last I looked Verizon was only one company, he has lost or damaged phone insurance through Verizon I beleive. He has been paying insurance premiums all those months for a reason, now his phone is broke and it's time for Verizon to take care of him. Since the Q is cheaper than the Treo 650 they would send/give him one of them (Q) in place of the Treo 650 if he wanted. Verizon has excellent customer support and if you have phone insurance through them and have never collected on it, they will take care of him, especialy if he has proven to be a good customer.
  12. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Let's keep things civil folks. Closing this thread and hope we can all move on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.