Making Sounds on the Q Louder...

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by MeTaLMaNN1983, Jan 5, 2008.

1. MeTaLMaNN1983

MeTaLMaNN1983 New Member

Making Sounds on the Q Louder...

I've been fooling around for months trying to get the files to play louder. After experimenting with it a bit. I found that if you run pocket tv in the background then it has a little extra volume boost that you can receive by turning the scroll wheel. To make it stay go to settings/options, audio, then uncheck remember volume. It will last until you restart your phone and just keep the program running in the background.

I find this kind of weird I can't seem to get the master volume to get higher. I have everything turned up in every section, ear piece volume, master volume, and ect. This program boosted it. I'm thinking they must have something that can make it louder. I tried the registry too.

PS: I've been fooling around this website forawhile and finally decided to stop being lazy and join. Thanks for all of your help with everything that made my phone more fun.
  2. piranah

piranah New Member

in the hacks section there is one that will boost your speaker volume, you can also adjust your bluetooth volume as well...i have mine almost cranked (dont wanna blow the speakers too soon) and i can watch movies at a car wash and hear them just fine...if i have my bluetooth headset on, i cant crank the volume without it hurting, even when i have three pressure washers going off within 15 feet of me...
  3. GPeaslee

GPeaslee New Member

Found the hack, but it looks like the registry has changed in WM6. BaseGains folder is not present on my q9h. Couldn't find anything else pertaining to sound levels in the registry. Has anyone been successful with this hack in WM6?
  4. GPeaslee

GPeaslee New Member

Louder Sounds on q9h

Any progress on this?
  5. hello

hello New Member

6. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

I looked at the above link and it was no help. I have a Q9h and there is no basegains folder. I'm interested in doing this hack and am wondering how I can with my device?
    jb0615
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I going to hit this from a different angle. I messed around with some settings in wav pad. For me I save my files as a way using the
    8,000khz,16 bit mono format. I am a 40 male. You would be amazed how much loader they become. I actualy had to turn my phone down. Have you tried the Mosquito ringtones yet? They are ringers that different age groups can or can't hear. I have them. yada yada yada.
  8. kogama

kogama Active Member

those mosquito ringtones didn't work on my Q my dad said he hears it playing off the Q but not on my cp
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I have a stalker. They work for me. that wasn't the point. as we get older we loose parts of our hearing. what is load for some people isn't for others. Try different KHZ settings, it works
  10. kogama

kogama Active Member

what exactly are the khz settings
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I can't spell that.
    killahertz something like that.
  12. kogama

kogama Active Member

yeah i know the mosquito thing is like 14-20 or something but on my Q those frequencies dont work
  13. bxloco12

bxloco12 New Member

im havin the same problem on my q global does anyboy know wat to do
  14. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

to the OP, it sounds like the software you are using to "boost" the volume of your files has some sort of software EQ in it that stays resident in the phone memory until you power cycle the phone.

One of the other posters suggested numbing down the audio quality of the audio files on the phone to a sample rate of 8Khz (BTW...it is spelled kilohertz :) ). For most males this would make the files louder since at the 8k sample rate, most of the low end and high end of the audio would no longer be present and the audio frequencies that are left are in the range that most males preceive as loudness.

One thing that you can try is to edit all of your files with a program like CoolEdit 2000 (google search it) and when in the editor, you can "normalize" the audio which will increase the loudness of all the frequencies of the file. Then load the fixed file to the phone.

Otherwise, you could try to find EQ software for the phone. I have not seen a standalone software product for WM6 like that, but then again I haven't had a need for it. Actually, thinking about it now...the Q9h does have an audio enhancement section of the settings area where you can manipulate spacial audio and bass boost. It can be found in Settings>More...>Audio Enhancement

Good luck!
  15. hello

hello New Member

But max value in Setting - only 7, but how to change it to 9?
    and what is better SPatial Sound - ON or OFF?