Magnet and Battery Problem?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by nycla3, Nov 10, 2006.

1. nycla3

nycla3 New Member

Magnet and Battery Problem?

Bought a Smartphone Experts Case with a magnet...didn't put 2 and 2 together right away but now suspect that the magnet clasp, which is up against the battery is having an adverse effect on battery life. Use the case, battery runs down fast...don't use the case, much longer battery usage. Anyone else see this or suspect this as a problem?

Thanks.
  2. oneQ

oneQ New Member

never tried the difference. Do a google serch for "something Less Dramatic" I done this to my ph. and it basicly endded my battery problems.
  3. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Great find!!! I've been around this and Qusers since January and this finally answers why my little PDA icon appears sporatically. I just tried this and put my POP3 to manual and no arrows and a full charge so far.
    I usually turn my phone and BT off overnight as I'm in a weak signal area. I'll leave the phone on tonight and see if there's any battery left in the AM and report back.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hmz, my pouch comes from Verizon an it has a magnet in it.. granted the battery is on the opposite side then the magnet, lately since i wear shorts to work i have my phone in my pocket so i don't use the pouch and have not experienced a dramatic change in battery usage.

never the less.. i don't doubt it could be possible, all i am saying is that i didn't see it w/ my Q possibly due to the battery being further away from the battery.