Lumia with Apollo

Discussion in 'Nokia Lumia 900' started by smf98aggie, May 4, 2012.

1. smf98aggie

smf98aggie New Member

First of all, I'm really surprised there are no other threads in this forum except Chris', especially since the Lumia 900 is now out. I was sure hoping to read some good info about it by now, but oh well, maybe you guys are just giving it a good amount of time with the device before you post anything.
    So, here's the big question: Is the current Lumia 900 going to be getting the Apollo update or not?
    Nobody seems to know. I'm ready to get one right now, but if I'm not going to be able to update it, then I'm just gonna wait a little while longer.
  2. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

There aren't any threads in here because users that have gotten their hands on a Lumia 900 just haven't posted anything, I suppose. Personally, I got a Windows Phone when it initially launched so I'm still on my two year contract, hence I don't have a new phone.

As far as any devices getting the Apollo update, there have been plenty of articles on our front page concerning the matter. Unfortunately, they are all rumors and Microsoft has yet to say anything whether devices already available will get the update or not.
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

People posting creates more people posting, creates more people posting. ;)

I don't believe there has been an official announcement, but Paul Thurrott said none of the current phones will receive the Apollo update.

It's left me a little weary of picking up the Lumia. That and a tight budget have kept me from taking the plunge.
  4. Sophie Taylor

Sophie Taylor New Member

Hey is it true that the Nokia Lumia 900 will not get any Apollo update. I guess this might have an effect on my plans as I was planning to get one for myself.
  5. tom rar

tom rar New Member

i dont beleive on this.