Lumia 800 won't show UI during a call

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Greg Brant, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Greg Brant

Greg Brant New Member

I've got a Nokia Lumia 800 running WP 7.5 and about 60% of the time, the phone won't show the UI when I move the phone from my ear while making a call.

For example, I select a contact and make the call. I place the phone next to my ear and the screen goes blank, I'm guessing to stop you mashing the UI with your face. I then move the phone from my ear to cancel the call or type a number in if it's an automated system and the screen stays blank. The only way I've found of recovering from this is to hold the power button for ages until the handset powers off.

I'm presuming I'm missing something; am I? or is this an issue with the Lumia 800 or WP7.5 ?

Thanks
  2. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Hopefully this isn't your issue, but I've noticed sometimes the lighting I am surrounded in and the placement of my hand can cast a shadow over my device's light sensor (usually next to the ear speaker) and that obviously will cause the screen to stay in sleep mode until you move your hand. It's a silly thing but it happens to me quite often.