Low Memory Alert

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by bananapants, Jan 18, 2009.

1. modmymoto

modmymoto New Member

As Vazguard mentioned, first alert will be right after ur below 10MB...evry time u reboot it gives you that alert. you can actually disable that alert by editing Reg key for low memory warning. You can use any regedit tool...
  2. Savyy95

Savyy95 New Member

Where is the reg key?
  3. modmymoto

modmymoto New Member

You can install any Registry Editor on your Q. Here is the one: http://freewareppc.com/utilities/phmregistryeditor.shtml

Launch the Registry Editro from StartMenu
    Go to: HKEY_Local_Machine -> Motorola -> MemTrack -> Value

There are all short of Reminder setup in there. But if you just want to disable Low Memory reminder, scroll down to end.
    - Choose TrackFlash -> Set Value Data from 1 to 0.

It will disable all short of Memory Notification.

FYI: Flash is Mobile Phone memory, RAM you dont need to change, Storage is for SD card.
  4. wiz

wiz New Member

LIES! lol!
  5. santonehunt

santonehunt New Member

I was having this same problem. But, I found that most of the memory was being used by Internet Explorer for temporary files. Try going to IE, run IE program, choose "tools" under the right "menu" soft key and then choose "Options" and then "Memory" and then highlight temporary files and click the right soft key for "clear". If you are like me (I had 26 MB being taken by these files), it will take a minute or more for it to delete these files. I came to this forum to see if there was another secret section where memory was being taken up by temp files or could be rerouted to my storage card. I haven't found that yet. But, I don't see how to get text messages and IE cache to go to the card. I'd love to know how to do that...