Low Memory Alert

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by bananapants, Jan 18, 2009.

1. carina

carina New Member

hahaha
    i went to the site and didn't get it..but didn't want to post anything making me lie like a moron! LOL
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Lol it's all good. Just us members jokin' around.
  3. carina

carina New Member

hi again..i'm back...sigh...i checked out the instructions in this thread to make sure i covered everything..and i'm back to where i started. i still think information is getting cached somewhere and i just cannot see it. if anyone knows anything else i can try...that would be great.
    thanks in advance
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

Did you install the sktools lite like Vaz suggested? It's been 2 months since you posted, so clean the Pocket Internet Explorer cache again.....Do you use Skyfire to watch videos? If so, clean up that memory too. (I don't know why, but I found it helped...)
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Again with the reset. I guess OP will do one every time it gets full. Maybe it would be nice to find the problem.
  6. slickety2002

slickety2002 New Member

Memory Manager hell

I have had the same problem with deleting everything I can off of my phone but each day the memory builds up so that I'm almost out and the phone won't operate correctly. I have deleted IE ,pics, music, text, missed calls and emails but the memory keeps filling up even when i havn't used it in a day or two. Help me please. I have no applications left that didn't come on the phone.
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

best answer in 3 words. Have you used SKTools? You said you deleted stuff. Use SKTools to unistall apps. The built in app, leaves stuff behind. Use SKTools to clean up the phones. If you do nothing on your phone for days, I can't fill up memeory, log anything.Something has to be doing it like EMail, text, something.
    Think that was 3 words.
  8. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Give or take a few.
  9. wiz

wiz New Member

10. Savyy95

Savyy95 New Member

I have less than 10 Mb on my phone (usually between 6-7mb). I used SKTools (funny joke) deleted unused apps, old text messages, email & attachments. All the apps I can, I install on the storage card. I redirected my IE temp files to my card. I can't understand why I have so little room on my main memory.
  11. wiz

wiz New Member

Did you order any sprockets? I had 2 laugh...

On another note...when I tried to move some stuff to the card...well, you can guess what happened, right? I guess the .cab filez are a no-no. If the shortcuts would work after I move stuff to the card, it'd be fine but they don't. And I don't want to crash my phone again!
  12. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Can't even start to imagine what you are doing. Everything that you say you can not do is easily done. What's up with that????? :) -Q
  13. Savyy95

Savyy95 New Member

Qq: is there a hack that shows the contact's phone type (mobile, home,work) when i'm calling and when i get a call from one my contacts? Right now the screen shows my contact name and location the phone is registered. For example: Wiz - New York. i want it to show Wiz - Mobile.
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

You don't have caller ID ???? What carrier are you on? Nevr seen what you 'splain ever. :) -Q
  15. Savyy95

Savyy95 New Member

Sprint shows Caller ID like this
    WIZ
    Louisiana

NOT like this
    WIZ
    Mobile

OR
    WIZ
    Lousiana Mobile

LEGAL: All characters named WIZ appearing in the above text are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
  16. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Probably PhotoContact Pro may do that, but don't see a point to it. I don't care if somone calls me on a cell or not. you can always just look in resent calls and see that or make a diff contact for Wiz Mobile and Wizz Home.
  17. Savyy95

Savyy95 New Member

The point is I guess that if I call them at home, next time I'd like to call their mobile. And when they call me I'd like to know where they are calling from home, mobile or office. I want this feature back -- I had it on WM5, now on 6.1 -- partly to make sure I have the correct numbers in the correct place (and partly to check up on my friends and family) Hehehehe ;-)

Oh and another hack I'd like to know about is if the Time can show next to the Battery? I'd like that because some apps show the battery, but I don't want to exit to look at the time. I know I could look at my watch, but it's cooler to have everythingq on my phone just the way I want it.
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

time on top bar while in apps you say...look for clockontop.
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

smart toolkit also, our check out the Home screen post. the last few are like that.
  20. Savyy95

Savyy95 New Member

You guys are great and so quick...Thanks