Lotus Notes???

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by sburrill, Jun 29, 2006.

1. sburrill

sburrill New Member

Lotus Notes???

Has anyone with Lotus Notes email been able to synchronize? What does it take? :whistling:thumbup:
  2. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

I've been using Wireless Sync with Lotus Notes for over a year with Treo's. When I got the Q, I used the same account info I had setup for the Treo and it worked perfectly. Mail is pushed so fast it sometimes shows up on my Q before my Notes desktop software gets it.

I haven't tried syncing PIM information as I prefer to keep that off of the server.
  3. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

my work email is through lotus notes...

how do i set it up on my Q?

I set up AOL easily. could someone steer me in the right direction?

thanks
  4. sburrill

sburrill New Member

More detail please.....

Did this require the purchase of softeware? Does your organization already have a push client or did you do this on your own?
  5. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

Here is a summary:

To push Lotus Notes email to the Q, you need to have a PC that has access to your Lotus Notes server to act as a gateway. I have an outdated Pentium II at my office performing this function. The gateway PC can support up to 20 Lotus Notes email accounts. Each user will need to setup their Wireless Sync accounts. Setup must be run in 3 places: 1) Their phone, 2) On the Web, and 3) On the gateway PC.

For more information, here are a few links:
    - Motorola Q Quick Start Manual here
    - Quick Start Guide for Lotus Domino

For non Lotus Notes users:
    - Quick Start Guide for Microsoft Exchange
    - Quick Start Guide for PC Monitor for Outlook

Wireless Data FAQ:
    - Verizon Motorola Q Data Technical Support

Hope this helps.
  6. Petenice1980

Petenice1980 New Member

are we just talking about Lotus Notes email here? Or the whole contacts/calender aspects as well? Cuz if it's the later, that contradicts everything I have heard (from Motorola tech support, from my Lotus notes asp), who have said only email is possible (set up thru pop3). I'd love it if it was otherwise...
  7. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

Wireless Sync will sync Mail, Contacts, and Appointments from either Lotus Notes or Microsoft Exchange.
  8. kfraserj

kfraserj New Member

lotus notes and outlook

my company is switching over to lotus notes just after I got the Q. My delema is that I don't use the internet to sync I just sync my Q bluetooth with outlook for my calander, contacts,and tasks. My question is, will I be able to sync lotus notes to outlook on my Q? Will I need special software? If its not out will there ever be s/w that will do this as painless as possible. Right now every time I change anything on outlook it automatically syncs while my Q is in my pocket. Not sure if it could ever be that easy when a conversion is needed??
  9. CapeQ

CapeQ New Member

Received Q on Wednesday - synched up Lotus easily following directions in quick start guide for lotus domino.
  10. cuddlbear

cuddlbear New Member

unable to sync 'notes' in lotus notes - help.

This works fine except for notes (personal journal) syncing. Moto books says yes, but data support says no. Anyone been able to find a way to do this?
    Thanks.
  11. dhaberer

dhaberer New Member

issues setting up lotus sync

When I set up my pc, I keep getting the error "Error occured during account initialization, click to view..." Clicking doesn't reveal anything. So how the hell do i get this thing to work? I need my lotus synch'd and not every 15 minutes. Anyone have a number I can call for tech support?
  12. vandy1712

vandy1712 New Member

Lotus Notes Email Access

I recently bought a Motorola Q, and I'm hoping I will be able to access my work email from the road. I've tried to set up a POP3 account on my phone but for some reason, it's not letting me log on to the incoming server in order to pull down my emails. I'm not sure if I have it set up wrong or what. The other option I was hoping is to access Inotes through the web browser, as I do if I'm away from my computer. I can't view anything because it says there are too many frames. Has anyone had any success in accessing lotus notes or inotes from their Q?
  13. dhaberer

dhaberer New Member

I finally gave up with the wireless sync and just check via pop3. It only checks every 15 minutes, but that actually has been a godsend. Your lotus server has to be set up to handle pop3, then just make sure you have the correct settings. I actually have to use a third-party outgoing server because my work's server doesn't allow outgoing messages via pop3.

I couldn't imagine accessing inotes through the web browser, it's just too damn slow.
  14. vandy1712

vandy1712 New Member

I know my work server is set up properly, because there are other people doing this with their mobile devices. could my problem be that i have the wrong outgoing server? i'm using the outgoing server that is listed from my wireless provider. Is that correct?
  15. platodw

platodw New Member

I am considering purchasing a Q very soon but wanted to see what I could do with Lotus Notes and the Q. I work for a large consulting company and am most often VPN'ing into my companies network from client sites to access e-mail via Lotus Notes. I am wondering about the following:

- Given this setup would there be anyway possible I can use the wireless sync functionality of the Q to push my Lotus Notes e-mail to my Q? I realize the answer is probably no, but what if I am VPN'd into my companies network and have the PC Monitor software installed on my work computer? Would it push e-mail to the Q at that point? My company only seems to support the Blackberry so I don't think I could get them to set anything up.

- Assuming I can't push e-mail to my Q I imagine I could still sync my e-mail and calendar from Lotus Notes on a regular basis via Bluetooth or USB to my Q on a regular basis? Would you agree that this is the best solution assuming I cannot get my e-mail anyother way. And I assume that once I get my e-mail this way I would be able to write an e-mail on my Q and then once I sync back to Lotus Notes it would send the e-mail. If I can't get my corporate e-mail through the push functionality there isn't any other way correct -- since my work e-mail isn't through a POP3 server that can be accessed easily.

Thanks to all for your help on this one.
  16. fmeredith

fmeredith New Member

Very Few problems with Notes Wireless Sync

I've only had the Q for a week or two, but using Wireless Sync to synchronize Notes was very easy and painless. I have the PC Monitor running on my work PC and the wireless sync software running in Push mode on the device.

Every now and again, mail sent from the Q doesn't replicate in a timely manner (it'll go out at 3:30am, for example). This has happened 3 times for me. I fix that by restarting the PC Monitor every now and again when I get a chance.

Sometimes I'll accept a calendar invite on the phone and the calendar entry won't get created. This has only happened once.

My current "problem" that I'm clueless on how to correct is about encrypted mail. Some people have their outgoing mail set to encrypt. When these messages get pushed to the Q, they only include the subject with a message in the body saying something like "read this message in Lotus Notes." It's kinda annoying, but doesn't happen for the majority of the mail I receive.

Does anyone know how to receive encrypted mail on the Q?
  17. MarcoV

MarcoV New Member

I'm not able to have a pc on at all times for monitoring of Lotus Notes. I have a company laptop and will need to befriend some IT guy at HQ in order for me to set up my Q with Lotus Notes email.

Any other way of doing this? I love my Q and don't want to risk having to get a new Blackberry because of Lotus Notes.
  18. vinotinto

vinotinto New Member

For non Verizon users.

In order to sync Q and Lotus Notes (email, calendar, tasks and Contacs) i am using LapLink PDASync 4.1. It works fine so far.

Since it does not support OTA sync, i receive email via POP when not at work and sync everything when i plug the Q with PC at work.
  19. tkassner

tkassner New Member

Any Issues With PDASync?

Have you noted any issues with PDASync? Do you have any trouble switching between PIM's. I only ask because I have notes at work and Outlook at home, and it would be nice if the two were synchronized.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
  20. miko1970

miko1970 New Member

Commontime mNotes

I use Lotus at work and am currently using Commontime's mNotes 5 to wirelessly sycn my email, calendar, contacts and tasks to my Q. I've been using mNotes for about 3 months and so far it performs very well. It will even sync your personal journal. I've had problems with this part. Once my personal journal got to the Q it was saved with a .pwi extension and I haven't been able to find anything that will open it on the Q. This is my ONLY complaint about mNotes 5 up to this point.

There is a desktop connector that installs on your client machine and a piece that installs on your mobile device. The two connect through a common server hosted by Commontime.

There is a monthly fee for the service. About $15/month or you can pay yearly and get a small discount I believe.

They also have an "Enterprise" version that installs on the Domino Server that is supposed to support multiple mobile users.

They also have a non-wireless mNotes 4, I believe, that is similar to the PDAsync mentioned earlier.

Here's their website: http://web.commontime.com/

Hope this helps.