Looking for a Sprint Q9c Rom

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Conquistador, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Malvado

Malvado New Member

well none of the things u mentioned worked i have tried it several times
  2. Conquistador

Conquistador New Member

Have you tried turning predictive text off completely? Or reflashing 6.1? When I clear text input it always takes care of the slowness issue, but I noticed that you also said that it sometimes input 2 characters when you only pushed 1 button. I've never had a problem with that. The only other advice I have is that you could either reflash 6.1 and see if that helps, and if it doesn't you could try that 6.0 monster file. Another option is if you have the insurance for the phone, try a new one. Sorry those other things didn't help...
  3. Malvado

Malvado New Member

well my insurance only allows me to replace a phone 2 times in a year so i am no longer covered =[

how would i go about reflashing to 6.1...i origininally did the motorola update to 6.1
  4. Conquistador

Conquistador New Member

Here you go... this is a tutorial (and links to the files you need) on how to flash your phone with RSD Lite. If you reflash it and you're still having problems, you should be able to use the same method to flash the back to 6 with the monster file I linked to in my other post. This is how I flashed to 6.1 and I have no problems (other than those I create! :smile:). You could try it out if you like. If you need any more help let me know.

http://www.smartappsworld.com/tutor...ur-wm-60-vzw-q9c-and-or-q9m-to-wm-61-t806.htm
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

So the main problem is that sometimes the first few characters shows as symbols?!
    One of my Q9s did that. I don';t recall if the 2nd did or didn't.

The fix is to wait a brief moment before typing when SMS opens.
    That doesn't work?

Do you have Sprint? Cause actually Assurion gives you two before they exchange the phone with something compatible.
    You can also go to a non-Corporate store. They will do an in-store exchange that has nothing to do with insurance, since they don't do repairs in-store they replace.
  6. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Mine does that from time to time...I just hit the Fn key and it changes.
  7. Malvado

Malvado New Member

no i actually have verizon and u know how greedy they are...