Looking for a Sprint Q9c Rom

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Conquistador, Oct 17, 2008.

1. sherri

sherri Active Member

My guess is he found the Sprint ROM and now has a Sprint Q9c with SPRINT firmware! (just a guess....)

LOL!!
  2. Wizzer

Wizzer New Member

Actually, the dude that sold it to me said it would work on both Verizon and Sprint. After installing Verizon's firmware, it wouldn't activate. I called Verizon and they said the MEID wasn't in their database.

I called Sprint acting like I wanted to buy a phone but make sure it wasn't stolen. Gave them the MEID and they said it was on their network. Basically the dude didn't know what he was talking about.

Matter of fact, that was thru eBay. He wrote me yesterday and said he had to check his "stock" in the warehouse. I sent it with insurance + delivery confirmation back to him. Just waiting for my Paypal acct. to be inflated... :D
  3. bhinojosa05

bhinojosa05 New Member

Did anybody find the ROM for Sprint Moto Q9c? I have not been able to find it anywhere. Thank you so much. I am trying to flash my phone back to sprint.
  4. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

It's on Mobile Files....
  5. bhinojosa05

bhinojosa05 New Member

I found the thread with all the monster files for all phones but the one for the Sprint Q9c will not flash, apparently it is only and update for WM6.1 from WM 6.0. Do you know anywhere else I can find it. I currently have a Sprint Q9c flashed to VZW Q9c wm6.1 but want to flash back to SPT to try and utilize GPS.
    Thanks.
  6. wickednn

wickednn New Member

7. Conquistador

Conquistador New Member

8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dunno
    he posted the samething in a Q forum saying it was a Q monster file
  9. wickednn

wickednn New Member

no not Q9C just the moto Q
  10. Malvado

Malvado New Member

im actually looking for a windows mobile 6 ROM also but i want the verizon one if any one has it please share
  11. Conquistador

Conquistador New Member

I have the Verizon WM 6.1 ROM. It's better than the 6. It seems a lot more stable, looks cooler, and has several improvements. I believe it's posted already on everythingq. If you can't find it, let me know. Are you flashing a phone from another carrier to Verizon?
  12. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Yeah in the Q9m section pretty sure there was a big thread about it.
  13. Malvado

Malvado New Member

No im actually trying to downgrade back to wm6 since i have been problems with 6.1
  14. Conquistador

Conquistador New Member

What sort of problems are you having?
  15. Malvado

Malvado New Member

mainly texting problems...
  16. Conquistador

Conquistador New Member

Really... hmm... I haven't had any problems with that. Have you tried a master reset and seeing if it's fixed after that? I've had problems in the past... mostly because I'm constantly messing around with registry settings... (for instance, I ended up with 2 "alarm 2"s under the clock and alarm settings). But a master reset always fixes any bad changes and I restore from a Sprite backup I made before messing around with settings. If the problems are still there after a master reset, you could try re-flashing 6.1.
  17. Malvado

Malvado New Member

i have tried that several times...i even tried to see if motorola software update had something for my phone but it couldnt detect my phone

check my post here:

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mo...s-fn-characters-instead-of-letters-27110.html
  18. Conquistador

Conquistador New Member

I checked your post. Perhaps it is just a bug. That has happened to me before, too... but only maybe twice. From what I read, it seems to be when you start texting too quickly. Maybe I'm just not a fast enough texter to have that much of a problem with it! :)
  19. Conquistador

Conquistador New Member

Do you delete your text messages regularly? That can slow it down. Also I noticed after a while the autocomplete gets bogged down. If you go to "start > settings > text input settings" & click on the right soft key for "menu", you can clear the input history. That seems like it makes a huge difference with the speed of typing.

As for the fn characters coming up... that probably is a bug.
  20. Conquistador

Conquistador New Member

If clearing the text input settings does remedy your problem, I would suggest staying with 6.1. It is a lot more stable. However, if you're still dissatisfied...

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/1472130-1.html

I haven't tried it, so I can't guarantee anything, but it is supposed to be the 6.0 monster.