long date and photo problem

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by sirdirk, Oct 24, 2009.

1. sirdirk

sirdirk New Member

long date and photo problem

so i figured out how to get the long date format working on my home screen, however when the day of the week is displayed it makes my photos sliding panel display "no photos". if i change it back to where the day of week is no longer showing the photos come back... any suggestions? i'd really like to have both working

thanks in advance
  2. sirdirk2

sirdirk2 New Member

got it.

ok so the problem was that with the long date there was too much text for the photos to display in the preview pane. i removed the spaces and BAM! long date AND photo previews :)
  3. showstopper

showstopper New Member

i have searched many many times on here;; how did you get the long date style to work =O? im using WM6.1 sliding panel..... =\ its bugging the crap out of me!!
  4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

It's a homescreen xml thing. Don't know if Chome Configurator will do it or if you have to hand edit.
  5. showstopper

showstopper New Member

aahh; yeah thats what i came up with trying to search around the forums. this question has been asked a lot of times but no one seemed to have gave a definite answer =/ and yes i know how to show the day of the week but thats not enough.. i want it to show everything, ie spell out the month etc. what a bummer... *sigh* thanks for your input though =)
  6. sirdirk

sirdirk New Member

this is what i did to get long date and photos preview working

with registry editor navigate to
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides

then make sure the following have values as stated (obviously leave out the brackets)

SLDte [dddd,MMMM dd, yy]

SSDte [ddd,MMM/dd/yy]

SYMon [MMMM,yyyy]

you may also change the AM & PM to lower case within this menu by changing values S1159 and S2359 respectively

hope this helps guys
  7. showstopper

showstopper New Member

thanks sirdirk! that does fulfill what i want to do but it changes the date format for everything the date is in... hmm. i just want to change the date format in the clock panel only; this was helpful though thanks!