Locked GPRS & Proxy

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by robinlala, Mar 16, 2009.

1. robinlala

robinlala New Member

Locked GPRS & Proxy

Duplicate post ...accidentally posted on Moto Q as well, sorry.

Hi Everyone...
    I purchased a few month old MotoQ9h (GSM) the other day that was being used w/ATT. The previous owner called ATT and got the unlock code which allowed voice and text use on t-mobile but when I tried to set up data and email with t-mobile, it didn't work. I even added the unlimited data from t-mobile, so that shouldn't be the issue. I've tried many different combos from this forum and t-mobile.

I added new options in GPRS and Proxy but it seems to default to the below locks.

• GPRS shows a lock symbol for ATT ICS and MEdia NET
    • Proxy shows lock symbol for Cingular WAP
    I do have the 8 digit code from ATT but wasn't sure how to use it since I'm already using my t-mobile SIM, for voice and text.

Any help is much appreciated!

Sorry if this is redundant but didn't see this exact issue posted.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

deleted other post...
  3. robinlala

robinlala New Member

Just Stupid...

It turned out that when I added my data plan to t-mobile, it didn't go thru because of the current device listed...I'm now up and running!
  4. Sathanvs

Sathanvs New Member

Does anyone know how to unlock the proxy? I have the ics and medianet unlocked. But I'm trying to get in and see the proxy settings.

*edit*
    I found where to change it...

Enable editing of your Proxy:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{EF097F4 C-DC4B-4c98-8FF6-AEF805DC0E8E}\Cingular WAP
    Change "ReadOnly" from 1 to 0, and restart your device Upon restart, you may now delete or change the proxy information.