Limit of Activesync 4.5 Relationships?

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by schmidtj, Aug 31, 2007.

1. schmidtj

schmidtj New Member

Limit of Activesync 4.5 Relationships?

I am new to the whole Windows Mobile/Motorola Q thing.
    I would ideally like to maintain Activesync relationships with 3 computers but I get the impression there is a limit of 2. When I try to add the 3rd it makes me delete one of the existing two relationships.
    Does Activesync 4.5 have a limit of two relationships to PC for syncing?
    If no, what am I doing wrong?

Maybe put more simply:

Is it possible to establish more than 2 Activesync replationships with my Q?

Tnx,
    J
  2. troutseth

troutseth Guest

AS will only support two computers (to the best of my knowledge). There are some third party software apps out there that allow three (Many Partners is one) but I do not know if they work with the Q. Also, have you synced with two already? You realize it will combine into one calendar one list of contacts etc on the Q?

One more thing . . . . I have three machines as well, but we also have an Exchange server. My laptop and my work machine are Exchange server clients. What i do is only sync with my laptop and my home computer . . but I get contacts and calendar entries from the exchange server directly meaning those items are always in sync between my laptop, Q and work machine. Not sure if this is possible for you.
  3. schmidtj

schmidtj New Member

Exchange is not an option for me.
    I have synced with two machines successfully. Namely my work laptop and home PC. I occasionally take my personal laptop on trips and it would be nice to be able to sync to it too without having to delete one of the other two machines.
    Having one calendar and one contact list is just what I want and this works fine buy for only two machines at a time.
    Tnx,
    J
  4. troutseth

troutseth Guest

I think you will need to go third party. Here is a link to an old posting on multisyncing. I am not sure how these aps work with the Q, or WM5 but it will start your search (you can even search here on the ap name to see if anyone has used them). I have used manypartners in the past but not on my Q and it has been some time ago. It worked fine.

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/multiplepartnerships.htm
  5. schmidtj

schmidtj New Member

Thanks again for your insight.