Lime Green HomeScreen

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by craiggiarc, Jul 8, 2008.

1. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

I think I know what is lildman's prob. Its a setting in the color scheme that has to be changed from what the SS's show me. I should have u up & running tonight lildman, probably round 11p EST. Gotta eat & spend some quality time with the fam til then.
  2. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Here's the color scheme that Cindra had in the XML file that she sent me.
    Quick question? Why is lildman's clock & date up where it shouldn't be? It was centered in the "square" when I had it on my phone & in Cindra's now it's not on lildman's. Just curious...that's me all the time.

Color Scheme
    <color name="COLOR_WINDOW" value="#FFFFFF"/>
    <color name="COLOR_WINDOWTEXT" value="#000000"/>
    <color name="COLOR_STATIC" value="#000000"/>
    <color name="COLOR_STATICTEXT" value="#000000"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HIGHLIGHT" value="#999966"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT" value="#FFFFFF"/>
    <color name="COLOR_TEXTSELECT" value="#FFFFFF"/>
    <color name="COLOR_MENU" value="#FFFFFF"/>
    <color name="COLOR_MENUTEXT" value="#000000"/>
    <color name="COLOR_GRAYTEXT" value="#CCCCCC"/>
    <color name="COLOR_GRADLEFT" value="#FFFFFF"/>
    <color name="COLOR_GRADRIGHT" value="#999966"/>
    <color name="COLOR_INTGRADRIGHT" value="#999966"/>
    <color name="COLOR_INTGRADLEFT" value="#FFFFFF"/>
    <color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" value="#999966"/>
    <color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADRIGHT" value="#999966"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HIGHGRADLEFT" value="#999966"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HIGHGRADRIGHT" value="#999966"/>
    <color name="COLOR_TRAYTEXT" value="#FFFFFF"/>
    <color name="COLOR_WINDOWFRAME" value="#000000"/>
    <color name="COLOR_BTNFACE" value="#8c8c8c"/>
    <color name="COLOR_BTNTEXT" value="#000000"/>
    <color name="COLOR_SCROLLBAR" value="#999966"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HOMETEXT" value="#000000"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" value="#D6DF52"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT" value="#FFFFFF"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HOMERULE" value="#999966"/>
    <color name="COLOR_ALERTWINDOW" value="#FFFFFF"/>
    <color name="COLOR_ALERTTITLE" value="#444444"/>
    <color name="COLOR_ALERTRULE" value="#000000"/>
  3. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

I can now see why everything is black. look at all the color codes that have the value "#000000". Ill have that fixed tonight. Im at a concert right now, but Geekster just showed me why. Also Geekster im guessing that either the height of the plugins are too much for the screen, or He doesn't have the latest version of Facade (1.4.1). That has been known to screw things up when u use an older version. But ill have to load it later to see 4 sure.
  4. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Allright, here's 1 problem:
    <color name="COLOR_STATIC" value="#000000"/>
    <color name="COLOR_STATICTEXT" value="#000000"/>

Both of these are set to black, which is the 1st problem that lildman is showing in the screen capture of Facade settings. (BTW, lildman, good thing u posted that screensot, cuz like u said, at first glance the custom xml that both Cindra & Geekster wrote u looked fine. Even the stock calendar was good. I didn't see any problem until I loaded it & tried to go into Facade settings that I noticed the same thing that u saw. I guess a picture really is worth a thousand words! So, this is any easy fix. As far as the whole screen scrolling down for you, (where the clock is NOT in the box that they drew), the only thing I could tell you is that doesn't happen to me when I load it, or when Cindra or Geekster loads it. Meaning the plugin heights are fine as they wrote it. So i'm guessing that your version of Facade is NOT up to date. Ive seen this happen on a few HS lately when people with older versions try to load a newer written screen. Are u currently at version 1.4.1 with Facade?? If NOT, please update and see if this fixes it. If so, I'm at a loss. NICE WORK Ladies on the custom screen. Just change the Color Static value for lildman to something that can be seen with the black text of Color StaticText, and that problem is solved.
    Now if Craiggiarc wants to still have his fixed just let me know. It sounded like he was ok without having facade on his HS now, but if that isn't the case & u want it tweaked, just drop a post. :smile:
  5. cindra

cindra Active Member

New file

I have made changes to the color scheme and and uploaded the new version in place of the old one. It should now be fixed for the black-on-black issues that lildman and craig were having. Re-download the file and see if it works better for you. If the alignment is still off, then download the latest version of Facade, as docmac recommends.

@craig- I have no idea what to do for the Flexmail thing, I can't locate any .xml code anywhere, so unless you can post it from your current homescreen (not the "nomru", but the active screen such as "Alltel Expanded" or one where it is showing), I don't have anything to add.

I hope this helps! :laugh2:
    (BIG THANKS to Geekster and docmac!!)
  6. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I'm back!!!

Looking at my Home Screen settings this current homescreen I'm using is the one I've attached here.

It's called the orange home screen, why that is I have no idea!

As you can see it shows Flexmail on my homescreen but no Facede. I'd also want to get rid of the 'Get Office Sync' link!

Sorry for all the confusion on this! But I do really appreciate your help.

Craig
  7. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Look at me the coder!

Since I found the right xml I've managed to remove the 'Get Office Sync' and the default 'Email' link. Now how to add facade............
  8. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Good Job, let me know if I can help!:smile:
  9. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Help please!!!! How do I add Facade with more control than just doing via Facade where I appear to have no control over what goes where!?! :laugh2:

Craig
  10. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Say What?? Do u want to use tabs/NO tabs, Schedule/Tasks/Programs or just 1 or 2?
  11. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

That changes u made fixed the problem Cindra! Great job & looks real nice:smile: I just tested it out for ya & everything is peachy! And your Welcome!
  12. cindra

cindra Active Member

Good job!

I looked over your xml and it's beyond me. I was looking for the labels that are on the screen for some clue as to what the plugin is, but it's not coming to me. If it were me, I'd disable it and download the xml and see what's different...that's most likely what you'd need to add to the one I made.

Otherwise, cut and paste the Facade section from an xml and paste it in yours right before the </home> tag and see what ya get. :smile:

What an adventure, eh? Who knew how much work this stuff is???? :tounge:
  13. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Given the space I have to work with I would say that I could include tabs and I would just want the two tabs, one for calendar and one for tasks.

craig
  14. lildman

lildman New Member

i have been without my laptop for a few days, but should be ble to test the fix tonight. as for the problem with the box around the clock...that was only b/c i was using the hs layout with a different color scheme and then using the qlime background image..like the screen capture shows. all should be good now. and yes i do have the latest ver of facade. thanks again guys.
  15. lildman

lildman New Member

everything works great...that for the fix and thanks to all who worked to figure it out!
  16. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Thanks docmac.
    I did know about the plug-in height but not about the different versions of Facade could mess things up, too.
    Learn something new everyday.
  17. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

No problem Geekster. I didn't do much but find the 2 problem lines of coding. All the coding thanks goes to u 2 (Cindra & Geekster). Now onto fixing craiggiarc's facade problem. I should have something for u tomorrow.:smile:
  18. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

No problem, you've all been a great help and I've learnt so much about the homescreen stuff.

This forum is great. :)
  19. cindra

cindra Active Member

Health Alert: We might put our shoulders out patting each other on the back so much in this thread!! :tounge:

I love this place, too!
  20. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I'm hoping add facade in is just simply a copy and paste of some code...but then again is anything ever that easy! :tounge: