Lime Green HomeScreen

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by craiggiarc, Jul 8, 2008.

1. cindra

cindra Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think another program might be taking over your color scheme/homescreen, and I really have no idea what to do about that. If I've not shown a similar screen that you're having problems with, tell me what I need to do to see it. :smile:

Thanks!
  2. lildman

lildman New Member

as soon as I connect to my pc with activesync I get the black on black, and the same goes for facade. I am not able to read the headers for the options that I am changing.
  3. cindra

cindra Active Member

I don't get any screens when I sync, so I can't duplicate that one. I'm doing some reading to learn what values actually change what, so hopefully I will know what I'm doing pretty soon. :tounge:

In the meantime, you may want to change the color scheme in settings to Alltel green, as Craig does, and see if that helps any.

I am plugging away on this, I've just had far less time than I'd hoped lately to really get into it.
  4. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I'm sorry Cindra but when I copy this file across to my Application/Home directory it's not listed as one of the HS I can choose!

I think we should give up on this! I'm getting used to not having facade on my HS now anyway!

Craig
  5. lildman

lildman New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that this was a .cab file that needed to be opened on the Q. Try copying the file to my documents and running it on the Q and it should load everything. Then you can select it as a HS.
  6. cindra

cindra Active Member

I did not create this as a cab file, it's merely the xml file and jpg file zipped.
  7. lildman

lildman New Member

Well I knew there was a file that I had similar problems with and it turned out to be a .cab file. That's what I get for guessing!
  8. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

As to why it doesn't show up on my HS then is beyond me! I've just tried it again and it just doesn't show up in the list! :frown:
  9. lildman

lildman New Member

It is deff the HS color scheme. When I change the screen layout to craiggiarc, the color scheme to advanced, and the background image to Qlimecraig, everything works but the shading around the clock. Just enough to bug me and cobver up part of the calender tab. What is even better, if I just open facade and close it, everything reverts back to the original setting of the HS and I am back to square 1!!!!!!:angry:
  10. lildman

lildman New Member

Here is what I am talking about. I will also try and get a screen capture of the blacked out windows.
  11. cindra

cindra Active Member

Try using "Default" for the background image, as the xml already points to that picture.
  12. Geekster

Geekster New Member

It looks like to me that one of the plug-in's needs to be resized, the clock, time or calender are "too tall". You need to go in to the XML & downsize one or more of the plug-ins to fit everything onto the screen.
    IMHO
  13. lildman

lildman New Member

If I do not change the background image, it will change to the default image of the color scheme I choose. It overrides the HS layout.
  14. lildman

lildman New Member

Here is an example
  15. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Yeah--the "in stock" HS's stuff is picky sometimes. The only thing I can recommend to Cindra is resize the plug-ins a little. Instead of calender height being "150" it could be changed to "120, just as example. But it could be the clock/date plug-in more than anything that is off.
    Do you know XML? You could change the "height" to something a little less invasive.
    docmac, you are more than welcome to jump in here if you think of anything else or if you think I am way off track with this.
  16. cindra

cindra Active Member

Or, if anyone else would like to change/adjust it, because I don't care at all if someone messes with it!

I was probably in over my head doing it to begin with (although it looked nice on my phone LOL) and we've had stuff going on here at home so I haven't had time to even keep up with the forum much less dig into the homescreen.

PLEASE, someone feel free to help! :smile: :laugh2: :smile:
  17. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Allright I will look into it by tomorrow. I've been half paying attention to the thread b/c its so long for a custom HS. I'll have to start from the beginning and see how far u all have gotten. Just from reading the last page or so, it sounds like they want to use a color scheme from a stock xml and use the custom xml for the layout?? Yes/No If that is the case I would just open up the stock color sheme.xml and copy the color sheme within that to--> the custom xml that Cindra made with the facade layout. That way, u have the best of both worlds. Cindras layout with the stock scheme coloring. But I will look into it some more tonight. Now I'll just have to pay attention. If I have any questions I'll post em later. :smile:
  18. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Craiggiarc or lildman, can 1 of u upload the alltel color scheme to here so I can include the color settings into Cindra's xml? Also, what Q are u guys using (Q9c,9m,regularQ like myself, etc.) I have verizon so I don't have your alltel color scheme. I also gotta download the flexmail plugin from the site n99 posted to include that cuz I dont have that. I'll look it over tonight and should have an answer for u both by tomorrow. :smile:
  19. lildman

lildman New Member

I also have Verizon and the black Q (original)
    My problems are not with the color scheme per say...I like the one that is defaulted in the HS that was created, but when it is equiped, some options go black. Doc you should be able to see what I am talking about if you load the HS and use the default color scheme and backgroud image. I have attached another pic as an example. I do not have flexmail either.
    After you load the HS, everything should look jsut fine, but if you then let's say, go to facade...everything will be blacked out, execpt the dropdown boxes where you change settings.
  20. cindra

cindra Active Member

I know Craig is using the Alltel QLime, and the layout showed up okay on his screen. He just wanted Flexmail added, which (if I could have found the plugin) I would have placed just under the clock, moving Facade down a bit.

I don't know which model lildman uses, but his results seem quite different from Craig's or my own.