Latest Speed Hack: Make Your Web Browsing Fly!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Ballzo, Sep 7, 2006.

1. cindra

cindra Active Member

Welcome to Everything Q, djtommye! :)
  2. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

is the link down? it isnt working for me
  3. hagmanm2

hagmanm2 New Member

Ok, new to the forum, and new to the Motorola Q (mine is with Verizon). I just got the phone and actually haven't yet switched to a data plan...

I'm wondering... if I do this speed hack and switch from verizon servers, will accessing the internet from 3rd party servers still require a data plan, or will Verizon network see it only as me connecting a phone call and simply using my minutes... I don't know if I'm wording this properly, but hopefully you guys understand. I did something similar on my LG Chocolate vx8550 (http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1200526).

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks. Also... looking at the posts, it seems a lot of this stuff might be old information. Anyone have an opinion on what the best registry editor for the job is?
  4. javib1714

javib1714 New Member

its faster, but not that much of a difference.
  5. Carino

Carino New Member

link wont work for me... i think the site is down
  6. Simul8

Simul8 New Member

Not seeing an improvement on my Q...doesn't mean others don't or won't...I already have previous speed hacks in...I'm on Verizon in Texas...
  7. klockworkz

klockworkz New Member

Default Values Moto Q US Cellular

I did this hack and now i cant access any web page does anyone have the deafult dns setting for the Q from us cellular!!!!!!!
  8. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

id forgotten about this

settings stick on my omnia and browsing is faster