Last.fm or Slacker on saga?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by dragonfly, Apr 6, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Last.fm or Slacker on saga?

Are there any apps to run either Slacker or Last.Fm internet radio? I listen to last.fm all the time on my little tablet but was wondering if there is anyway to play it on the saga?

Thanks.
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

I KNOW they have one for the blackberry curve but i havent found one for winmo ...........yet
  3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

So you're looking for an application, not doing it through a browser?

I don't know of any stand-alone apps that do it.
  4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah looking for an application instead of the browser unless the browser will play it, it doesnt work through the browser with the original q whether i use IE or skyfire or opera browser, it may be due to the fact that the phone isnt working well since the battery is shot to hell and im always charging it haha. I know there is some last fm plugin program for windows mobile, but all that does im pretty sure is just sort the music you already have stored on the phone, which isnt really what i was lookin for haha. Does anyone here successfully stream the last fm or the slacker sites through the browser on the saga?
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

6. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Unless it's an official app you're not gonna find any Last.fm internet radio programs. Last.fm has banned them from having this feature.
  7. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

the first comment on the slobber page says that she liked it as recently as thursday morning

nm apparently scrobbler is last.fm
  8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

First off boo on last.fm for not having a real app for the windows mobile phones, i have it going through a program called vagalume on my nokia tablet that i have and its awesome, just wish that my new phone the saga a week from today had the access to use it.

Mobiller looks like a possibility if it doesnt only do what scrobbler does since that only takes music you already have on the phone and puts it pretty much in random mode.
  9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I pointed my mobile browser (PIE) to both and got diddly squat. That may be becaus they're compeltely mobile unfriendly sites, or that may be because I'm an idiot. I couldn't figure how to get music out of them on the desktop either. All I ever got was recommendations to listen to something, not actual music.

That being said, Pandora is supported on the Q9c and the site says more phones coming....who knows if that's true or not.
  10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Haha yeah for last.fm which is what i find the best internet radio out there, you just create an account online and you can login to it at last.fm and than you select ur favorite artists and/or songs and it only plays those songs that you select. Slacker is pretty much the same but instead of only playing songs you like and tell it to it plays songs that are "like" it. they are great sites for just chillin on the net or to have streaming at work, just wish i could put it on the phone.

Thanks guys.
  11. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Pandora is not supported on the Saga (sigh) yet but I will keep watching this until it is. :frown:
  12. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

hey i have had pandora on my phone now for 2 months
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

How'd you get an install cab? Just pick another phone?
  14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

i got pandora running too thanks to blackmeto like a month ago. and yes just selected another phone.
  15. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Pick another phone? Never prompted to select one. I hit Pandora.com from IE, and get a "sorry, charlie - not supported'. :(
  16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

if anyone wants pandora ill send you the cab just send me a pm.
  17. pat_the_cat

pat_the_cat New Member

It appears that you can't stream music from last.fm from Kinoma.

Or am I missing something?
  18. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Last.fm radio is only allowed through first-party mobile apps, AFAIK. So unless it was written by Last.fm devs, it wouldn't have music streaming as a feature.