Ladies, type of facial hair???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by piranah, Jan 18, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

there are very little movies that can entertain me..

whahahahahaaaa..

Scott do me favor will ya :}
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

haha ON IT!:tounge:
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks dude... ;}
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

That is what i mean...manly facial hair lol
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

what do you mean that movies dont entertain you?

You know that sounds like A.D.D right.?
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

most don't.. some do, i can watch Back to the Future (I, II & III) how ever often they are on tv (i have the dvd's, still in the wrapper)

you know i don't think i believe in ADD..
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

im sure there is some ADD, Im also sure its over diagnosed.

There was no ADD when my oldest was under 2 but he hasnt been called psychojr for nothin lol. His pediatrician said he would grow out of it...people say he hasnt lol. He is a great young man and Im happy with how he has turned out. Wouldnt change him for the world He was more challenging than the average kid and even as an adult (ask the drill sargeants)

To all those teachers and parents that judged us back then....they can look at him now and be ashamed for the things they said and thought about the little boy with too much energy that could (and still can) out whit them.

He is getting a BS in nursing!
    Also the one with the nifty facial hair.

Im sure there are some kids that have ADD but who am I to say. I really wish physicians would take into account some kids need more intellectual and physcical stimulation than others kids and drugs should be a last resort. ...my youngest has autism some people say that is over diagnosed too.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i'm no doctor by any means... and it's just my (simple) opinion, where was it 10-15 years ago ? kids had just too much energy :} and i recently heard that they made the symptoms more broad so they -pharmaceutical industry- can push more pills...
  9. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

10-15 years every kid didn't have a cell phone, MySpace page. Parents could spank a child in public and not fear jail. Some may need the medicine. Hoverver most just need some extra guidance, the rest just need a good ass whipping :)
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

i agree with you there re: add.

With autism some feel because of the broader "spectrum" there are more children being diagnosed with autism. On a personal note. I saw maybe two kids with autism growing up. It is much more frequent these day.

Coincedence or not my son.s sypmtoms began at 16 months post vaccine.
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

mike most kids dx''d with ADD are much younger than the age group.
  12. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

Seen quite a few teenagers diagnosed with it the last few years. The parents couldn't handle their kids and that was a way out or them.
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

sorry cant say ive seen that happen with teens the kids we know of were much earlier..

Learn something new every day.
  14. DAB

DAB New Member

I have two kids with type 1 and type 2 ADD. My son is just like me at that age all over the place, very busy. My daughter is type 2 she thinks slowly of a million things at once. I was very skeptical from the beginning DX. But I am called the drill sergeant around the house so I realized there was no need to put my foot farther up my son or daughters rear end. My son does try and I explained to him as long as he tries that is all I can ask. He drives everyone else up the wall. You put him in a room with a bunch of kids watching a movie and he is doing back spins on the floor. After several encounters with the school the Doc put him on meds. Total different boy. Daughter I really thought was quite fine would not put her initially on anything. Than ended up in a situation where she had to perform a task step by step. She became so fustrated. My wife and I both tried to offer her a step by step on how to go about the problem and she became even more fustrated. Which tended to lead to more arguments especially with homework. We reluctantly placed my daughter on the meds prescribed by the Doc and we have had no problems since. Except maybe the desire to shove our foot down her throat but thats more predicated on the fact she is turning into a teenager. :angry: I tell her little sister all the time beware of the darkside. But I am reminded of the immortal words of Yoda...There are always TWO siths.
  15. cheri

cheri Active Member

i was hoping someone would chime in on this subject.

Its hard to know unless you live through it.

We had one kid on ritalin in our school in the 70.S things have changed a lot since then.
  16. DAB

DAB New Member

I do find that kids are put on meds alot more these days. I had my nephew and niece over and they are on medication for everything. both had a pill box each day they had atleast 8 pills. That to me is alittle ridiculous.
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

supplements for kids?
    I give a multi-vit, i wish i could get him to take DHA the kids stuff smells great but tastes like fish lol go figure.

From personal experience schools tend to push drugs on difficult children. i remember a counselor in my son.s 7th grade said i should re consider medication for him because his cheeks turn red when he was running....hello! he is fair skinned!

We have other similar issues...i just cant see giving a kid drugs that arent tested for children, we dont know how it affects their brains. On the other hand if something is improving the quality of life for the child then that is something else all together.
  18. piranah

piranah New Member

i was diagnosed with ADHD when i was about 15...put me on meds...those meds made me try to kill myself when i was 16...they switched meds and happened again....never taken any medication since, cept for prednizone (poison ivy, three times)...
    my son is exactly like me in the respect that takes about 10 times to tell us something before we actually pay attention and understand that we need to do it...i cant sit still for more than 30 minutes at a time...i have to be doing something...even watching a movie, i have a tv on next to it flipping through channels, or doing homework...i always have to shake my leg, twirl a pencil in my fingers, something to keep moving...

i think the doctors are quick to DX, but me and my sons mother both know that he has it, but we saw what meds did with me, and we accept him for who he is and will never put either of our kids on medication unless its life or death...my two abe lincolns...
  19. cheri

cheri Active Member

Amazes me this teen ADD dx's.
    Tough to go through as a kid youngster or teen. They do persevere.

My own son thanked me not too long ago for not putting him on meds...he was miffed that I had even considered it though.

parents dont like to see their kids suffer. heck I didnt understand what was going on with my own son back then. How could a child. I think I would be more aware now.

i can say that experience certainly prepared me for what was coming down the road with autism. That is a whole nother topic.
  20. Indigo4320

Indigo4320 New Member

Clean shaven!