KP Weather Plugin for Clock Panel

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by showaco, Jul 1, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

start
    settings
    remove programs
  2. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey all,

Unlike the other weather apps, I had issues uninstalling this one. It left blank slides in the fashion that the app had them - but they are empty (and fat). Annoying.

Fixed it by installing NRG mini... It's hard to find a basic weather app w/ a display on the clock screen.... they all seem to be chock full of features that bog the screen/system down...

Matt!
  3. showaco

showaco New Member

Here's a original cpr file you can drop into windows to set panels back to original size. Does NRG mini have the weather the way you want it? If not, post or pm me what you would like to see and we might add it as an optional layout on next update which should be out by monday. The new update is switching to a new feed since we've worked out a deal with Accuweather.com for a single custom feed instead of using the feeds NRG found that actually pull data from 3 different feeds. We appreciate any feedback to continue improving this and try to please as many as possible

Attached Files:

4. showaco

showaco New Member

Are you talking about in the radar panel locations? Those are general locations and cover 100's of square miles each, so you should pick the location nearest you. If remove programs doesn't completely uninstall( which it never completely uninstalls anything), just let me know specifically what's left and I'll tell you how to get rid of it. The new accuweather feed we're switching to will do away with this setup as the radar image is included in the feed specific to the weather location chosen by zipcode or city code.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I installed the update. Now I get stuck at 50 %. Never had the problem before. Q9C here. any ideas?
  6. K3SRK

K3SRK New Member

How quaint. I tried it, changed a setting and got
    Off it goes.
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Yea, That was strange.
  8. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey,

Actually, my wife and I got a pretty good laugh out of that. Odd, yet refreshing at the same time!

Later,

Matt!
  9. showaco

showaco New Member

Not sure, but thats where it currently switches to second weather feed. Later today we should release the version using a single accuweather feed eliminating that error in the process.

And for the others, this is not the poltically correct app and we needed a laugh. We made this plugin for fun and what do you expect from a couple of construction workers anyway? Hope someone else besides the 2 creators can enjoy it as well.
  10. Neill

Neill New Member

I was wondering weather this wonderful app has been updated, but posted elsewhere. I'm hoping the single weather feed uses less resources.
  11. showaco

showaco New Member

Not yet, I finished up the new feed scripts about a week ago. I give them to Outerdepth to put in his part, and I'm still waiting. He's told me that he'll have a cab out tomorrow. As soon as he finishes, I'll post it up.:2cool:
  12. JMak

JMak New Member

I've just installed KP Weather. Everything is working fine except...hile the scrolling test has the correct forecast information, the extended forecast on the clock and the other forecast panel are not correct.

Anyone else having this problem or had the same problem and resolved it? TIA!
  13. showaco

showaco New Member

It should correct itself after a few more weather updates run, the extended forecast part of app only runs every 8th update to use less data and for quicker current condition updates. A new version was just posted over at xda:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=415547
    It has alot more options and addons.
  14. JMak

JMak New Member

Saw the new version just as you uploaded it. The monitor add-onlooks cool, but I'm only interested in the weather portion. I'll wait until morning to see how the forecast panels look. Thanks.
  15. JMak

JMak New Member

Showaco, how do I get the rinku icon bar to work with this? I don't see the color bar option in the Settings\Home area...
  16. Q-Me

Q-Me New Member

If you want just a NWS radar map (with optional animations), go to www.memory-map.com I've had it for a while and it works well as long as the NWS's link is working, it's not always though. Cost is a one-time 9.99.
  17. showaco

showaco New Member

the rinku bar isn't included with the weather app, you have to install it seperate. Once you do, you should have that option for homescreen.

quote:
    If you want just a NWS radar map (with optional animations), go to www.memory-map.com I've had it for a while and it works well as long as the NWS's link is working, it's not always though. Cost is a one-time 9.99.

yep, thats the one, its a great app, worth the money.