KP Weather Plugin for Clock Panel

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by showaco, Jul 1, 2008.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I liked the sounds, but it woke me up. anyway you can have a setting to not update between certain times for those of us that leave sound on at night? the only way I can see not to hear it is to turn the main volume off or disable it in settings.
  2. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

All I get is text in the clock panel. it gives me the city and temp, then wind direction and speed, then barometer, etc.., and the next day's temps. no icons, panels, colors, or anything like that.
  3. jonlowe

jonlowe New Member

H'mm interesting how your reply showed up, but my post didn't.
    Thanks!

Jon
  4. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

Huh? My reply to what? I was responding to dafoxs post.
  5. jonlowe

jonlowe New Member

H'mm. I asked basically the same thing but my post never showed up. I'm running a Q9c on Verizon and all I get is the scrolling text. Wish we had WM 6.1...

Thanks anyway:smile:!

Jon
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Yep; you need 6.1 for it to work. Didn't know you don't have it.
  7. showaco

showaco New Member

That green icon is for wifi signal. That is screenschot from Outerdepths Tmobile Dash which has wifi, so if you don't have wifi then you won't get that one. As for the scrolling text, that shows anywhere that the network id would normally show, since that is what it replaces. And weather should be showing in CClock panel and the newly created forecast panel(if its enabled through weather options). Glad its seems to be working good for you.:smile:
  8. showaco

showaco New Member

yeah, same here on the wakeup. I'm planning on adding the nightly cutoff, but I haven't decided if it should be pre programmed times or let the user set the times through options menu. Any input on this is appreciated. :2cool:
  9. showaco

showaco New Member

hey yameen, couple of questions so I can help you further. First, are you using wm 6.1? And second, did you go into weather options and choose a cpr file from there(3 day, 4 day, 5 day, or 7day)? Let me know and we can narrow this down. One thing though, if you have the scrolling text, then the weather is running and updating, so we just have to get you viewing it.
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

hey thanks for the info. that's the only burp I have with it. I don't normaly use WIFI. should it be turned on?
  11. showaco

showaco New Member

Too bad you don't have 6.1, but I would definitely recommend you upgrade to it. If verizon doesn't offer the upgrade, surely there is a custom rom available to you. 6.1 is a huge upgrade from 6.0 mainly because of the sliding panels homescreen, but there is also a few other upgrades as well.:2cool:
  12. showaco

showaco New Member

You don't need wifi for weather to work, any internet connection will do. So its completely user preference when it comes to using wifi. I have a blackjack and it doesn't even have wifi.:laugh2:
  13. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

i was hoping that wasn't the issue. actually, i thought verizon did offer the 6.1 upgrade, but i never really looked into it because i've read so many complaints about it here. thanks, i'll keep looking into it. even without the panels, the app is sweet!
  14. showaco

showaco New Member

what is the model you have? l'm not familiar with the model numbers exactly like q9h, or q9c, But if you can tell me I'll see what I can figure out for you. So I'm assuming right now on 6.0, that you are getting the text loop running for current conditions, send me a screenshot of your current setup and I might be able to figure out a good way to display some more info for you, like current weather icon. :smile:
  15. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

Yes, I've got a motorola q9c from Verizon, running WM6. Its just another version of the Motorola Q. As for a model #, I have no idea, but if you can tell me exactly what further info you need regarding the model #, I'll get it right to you. As for the screenshot, I'll try and figure out how to do that, I'm sure its not tough, I've just never tried that before. An icon with tomorrows forecast would be great. Thanks!
    Oh, and I guess Verizon doesn't offer WM6.1 yet, because, well, they're Verizon. Same characters that have locked me out of the GPS in my own phone!
  16. showaco

showaco New Member

here's a little program for taking screenschots. Just install on your phone, run it, and you should be able to figure it out from there. If your using smart toolkit, it also has screen capture built into it.

Attached Files:

17. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

here's the screenshot. As you can see, i've got the weather in the clock panel. It will change every couple of seconds to give me the add'l info I've mentioned. Thanks.
  18. showaco

showaco New Member

so if we can get you a current weather icon next to the loop, would that work? Let me check and see but i think we can figure something out. :laugh2:
    In the loop, we could add some more forecast info(more days) if you want also.:2cool: Check your private messages.
  19. showaco

showaco New Member

New cabs added to post #1. The one adds radar options to forecast panel. Page 8 becomes radar panel and can be auto updated or manually updated. We also included Memory-Map radar app, this is the ultimate radar application. Memory-map creator charges $9.99 for it, but a 10 day trial is included and it can be removed if not wanted after that because it does not effect the radar panel. Our weather plugin is still free and always will be. Enjoy
  20. QUser.619

QUser.619 New Member

I don;t see my city listed, San Diego CA. Is there an updated city. Also how do you uninstall the application? I tried, but it wouldn;t un-install completely.