KP Weather Plugin for Clock Panel

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by showaco, Jul 1, 2008.

1. showaco

showaco New Member

KP Weather Plugin for 6.1: Updated 7-8-08, New radar app and page added

**Note**Thnx to Rafer,NRG/Z28,Pudgedaddy, Luckybandit!!!

Updated: (7-08-2008) ODSHOWeather v1.0.2b (1:00 a.m.)

Please read all instructions before posting. Thanks.

Outerdepth and I are happy to bring you what will be one of the final installments of the weather panel. I have worked on testing this thing for a while. The new addition is the radar page to the forecast panel. This includes a new app that is included in the cab. It's called Weather Radar. It is located as your right soft key link. Just click it from your phone to set it up. This is a separate app that runs in our panel, but is not required to use the panel at all. I just included this, because it is frickin' sweet. Just input your location and it shows an updated radar image for your area that is updated by the NOAA every 6 minutes. Trust me, if you work outside for a living, this is a godsend.

Like I said, this weather radar app is not part of our weather update or any panels display properties or anything, it is simply a link to a separate (yet related) app. That's all.

With that being said. This radar page is pretty sweet. Follow the instructions below to make sure your clock weather, forecast panel, AND radar are setup properly, before you use this. Hope you enjoy, there are 4 wavs for you to check out as updated voice messages. There are 4 panel borders that you could display. You have an option for now forecast panel (lite version) and an option to display a forecast panel (full version).

Look at the 3rd url below, in it is a zip that you can use to replace your digits in your clock panel. The digits1 are the originals, the digits 2 are the HTC Diamond Font numbers. If you are curious as to what they look like, just search HTC Diamond. Luckybandit posted these, so thanks to him. In order to have these display, just rename either folder to digits and drop it in your \Program Files\Outerdepth\KPWeather folder. They will overwrite the ones you have, but don't worry, I have supplied you with both. They will not completely show up until the forecast panel update has run, so set your fupdate value to 1 in your reg, and then run the update. The location in your reg is HKLM Software\Outerdepth\KPWeather.

Lastly, we do have a banner, so you can also edit your banner's display text. It is located in the options menu as well. It will be displayed in the scrolling texts in your clock panel. ENJOY!!!!!

CHECK OUT SHOWACO'S POST #2!!!!!

Instructions:

1. Download cab from link below.

2. Copy cab to smartphone. Using explorer or Total Commander, click on the
    cab. It will install. If you have downloaded the cab before, don't
    worry about uninstalling it, it will do all the work itself. That's it. All installations are done.

3. Go to your weather options and set them up. Do all of the options, if you want or expect all of the features to work!!

4. Run Weather Update. It will write your forecast panel and radar. That's it.

Link: Updated (7-07-2008) (1:00a.m.) 3 Direct Link Downloads !!

URL #1: the ODSHOWeather v1.0.2a.cab NO RADAR

http://mobile.txcaesar.net/mobile/apps/homescreens/Outerdepth%20Showaco%20Productions%20ODSHOWeather%20v1.0.2a.cab

URL #2: the ODSHOWeather v1.0.2b.cab RADAR FOR YOUR PHONE!!

http://mobile.txcaesar.net/mobile/apps/homescreens/Outerdepth%20Showaco%20Productions%20ODSHOWeather%20v1.0.2b.cab

URL #3: the extra digits you can replace in your panels!!!

http://mobile.txcaesar.net/mobile/apps/homescreens/DigitsforYourPanel.zip

For our wavs, we have male, female, and even ones for our Latino(a) compadres!!!![​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

aaand, welcome aboard...
  3. showaco

showaco New Member

Thanks, thought I would post this up here for anyone who doesn't frequent xda.
  4. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

Has anyone tried this? My Verizon Q9c hangs at 50% and just gets stuck.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

on sprint, works fine. there was a small registry update on that same sight. did you do it?
  6. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

I clicked on the registry files that are in the .zip rather than inputting them myself by hand - some worked, others did not. I imagine that could be the problem, but I don't know how to correct it. Is there another registry edit that needs to be done in addition to what's included in the download?
    By the way, do you install both of the cabs, or just one or the other?
  7. showaco

showaco New Member

You need to install the weather cab and the mortscript cab( if you don't already have mortscript installed). If you already have mortscript, make sure it is the latest that is included in this download, version 4.11b7. If you are still having the 50% issue, when it stalls, look at your iconbar and let me know if your data connection was cancelled(it should remain on). We made an adjustment there that might cause problems with different carriers, but seems fine so far with att, tmobile, and sprint. If data is turned off, I will post a fix for you. Also, the regs should be all the reg edits you need. Which ones did you have trouble with? :2cool:
  8. Noodlez

Noodlez New Member

Not sure if it's changed as I have yet to give the newest a spin, but the version from a few days back while nice and all had one annoying problem that keeps me from useing it. The changing of the right soft key from contacts to weather options. is a deal killer for me. :(
  9. showaco

showaco New Member

Sorry, but we didn't change that BUT, check here tonight and I'll post an updated options script that will give you 3 options for right soft key: Contacts, Weather Update, and Weather Options.
  10. Noodlez

Noodlez New Member

Oh spiffy looking forward to giving it a rego then.

LoL now if you could just get it to pull your location from gps and give the temp for that area every so often... ok might be pushing it.
  11. showaco

showaco New Member

Updated Options script

This is an updated KPWeatherOptions.mscr. Just download and copy over the original in \Program Files\Outerdepth\KPWeather\KPWeatherOptions.mscr. This one adds option for setting clock panel right soft key to Contacts, weather update, or weather options.:wink:

Attached Files:

12. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

how does this stack up against NRG mini?
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it puts the weather on your clock panel. it has a scrolling message with all kinds of info..way nicer
  14. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

This new version works perfectly on my Verizon Q9c. Thanks.
  15. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

Sorry, need some more help. I'm sure its me, not the app.

Even though I have the 5-day fat panel selected, all I get is text with today and tomorrow's weather info. Where is the 5-day? Do I need to go to "Settings" and change my homescreen?
    And when I try to change my glass panel options to fiery or vader, it reboots, and then there is no more weather in the clock panel, and I have to manually run the update again.
  16. Angelo921

Angelo921 New Member

I installed the mortscript cab and then then ODSHOWeather.CAB but am not getting the current weather showing in my task bar. I am only getting it on my home screen scrolling across. Am I missing something?
  17. showaco

showaco New Member

This does not put weather in the taskbar, on 6.1 sliding panels, it puts weather in the clock panel and gives optional forecast panel.
  18. showaco

showaco New Member

Sorry, but I screwed up yesterday and posted wrong file in post #11. That was the original 320 x 240 cpr file. I have edited post #11 with the correct options script needed to add the right soft key options. Also updated post #1 with the latest cab which has this options script already installed.
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

not sure it does what you say. I have weather on 2 sliders plus in the icon bar plus on most of my splash screens. It is every place. I turned the scrolling text off. this was with the old version. not sure with the new update.
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Very nice, works perfect. I just noticed on your home screen icon bar you have a geen icon, think it was 3 from the right. I use sprint and don't get that icon. did you do something special to make that one show? and what is it metering?