Keypad backlight

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by bragl123, May 15, 2010.

1. bragl123

bragl123 New Member

Keypad backlight

My Q9h Global is still under warranty, but the "a" key has become a problem, it takes extra pressure to get it to work. I called my ATT they sent "referb". It seems to have two extra slider panels for music and photos and that is great, but the keypad backlight is 1/2 the brightness of my 1 year old Q. I called the ATT again..they were great and sent out another express. Same thing. The upper lighting (D Wheel, Send, End etc) are about the same brightness as my Q, but both "referb" key backlight are terrible. The silver keys/blue backlight was a bad idea from Motorola anyway, but at least I could see them at night on my Q.
    Anyone ever notice the keys brightening up over time? I don't know type of LED is used for the keypad backlight or how it is placed (maybe when they did the referb, they didn't put the LED back in the light channel for the keypad) l, but I can't believe I got a bright one when mine was new and the referbs are so dim. Is a dim keypad normal?
  2. bragl123

bragl123 New Member

I may have the opportunity to have my Qwerty keypad on my Q9h Global (silver) with a Q9h black keypad... is it worth it? I have never used the keypad on the black Q9h. I know the keys are black with white letters, but not sure what color the backlight is (white or blue). I have read that the black Qwerty keypad is easier to see in all lighting situations and most certainly at night or in ambient lighting situations. Can anyone comment?
  3. simiarajose9

simiarajose9 New Member

I am having the same problem. If I don't use my phone for a while and it is in sleep mode then when I slide open the key board the backlight to the keys sometimes work. Usually it will work once then if I close the keyboard the next time I open it the back light is not working again. I have done a factory reset and have removed the battery in while the phone is on. I have only had the phone for a few days and it has had this problem from the beginning. I am also still getting a lot of Force close messages.
  4. WMGSP

WMGSP New Member

Kind of related here - my keyboard backlight used to light up when appropriate (in dark situations) for however long the timeout was set for, but for some reason now, it only lights up when I press certain buttons, and then only when that/those button(s) are pressed. How can I get full keyboard backlighting back??
  5. Tranzystor82

Tranzystor82 Member

hello i have Q9h European but i change faceplate to silver-black (1-st generation at&t) backlighting is blue and this case is much better for me ;)
  6. WMGSP

WMGSP New Member

Thank you very much, but I'm OK with the current keyboard, I'm just wondering why/how my keyboard backlight no longer stays on for any length of time.

Thanks again!
  7. Tranzystor82

Tranzystor82 Member

But steering backlighting with the help of the sensor a rally is held length backlighting is made conditional on the clarity of the environment I personally never had a problem with highlighting it is always when should alone he is after the replacement of the faceplate.
  8. Semseddin

Semseddin New Member

I have the same issue with my Q9H AT&T Silver one. The keypad backlight is terrible and i can't read the keys. Luckily i've got a black keypad. I'll replace it with the silver one on my q9h, will keep you updated with pics.
  9. WMGSP

WMGSP New Member

Is there any way to reset or control the backlighting so that it stays on for a specified amount of time after buttons being pressed? As I said earlier, mine only lights up for the amount of time certain buttons are pressed, but no more. It's very irritating!