Keyboard Not Responding

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Hogstomp, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Hogstomp

Hogstomp New Member

Keyboard Not Responding

Cell is relatively new. Keyboard just stopped working, largely. I'll highlight the SMS icon and try to access but nothing happens. It does not even appear to be thinking about letting me in, ie, it does not appear to freeze the cell but it will let me move around to the other icons. It won't let me into email either. On the rare occasion I can get into the text mail I try to write a new text and it will not type. I hit the 'back' button and nothing happens either. The cursor is blinking but no letters when I type. It usually gets me back to the home screen when I hit the red button. I tried to type in a number to call someone and it was really delayed, but not always.

I have not dropped the thing.....recently. I did install some card games from microsoft's total access thinger.

Any clues?
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

restart the phone
  3. infernox51

infernox51 New Member

That should work, or do this:

Unplug from charger/sync
    Remove battery cover on back
    Remove battery
    Count to 5
    Reinstall battery
    Reinstall battery cover
    Turn on phone

If neither of these two works, I have no idea.
  4. Hogstomp

Hogstomp New Member

tried

Interesting. Tried about three times and problem persisted. Tried it again when you posted and then it worked. I sent two texts and then it did it again in middle of my third text. text is half finished and the cursor is blinking. Then it put up a low battery alert but you could still see the cursor blinking (not the text though)...you know, when two screens seem to merge. When I try to hit the 'ok' button to get rid of the alert it does not respond.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

It may have nothing to do with the keyboard. read some of the of the post on "slow" and do some of those clean ups. also charge the battery before it is to late.
  6. Hogstomp

Hogstomp New Member

Same

Tried a couple times just like turning off and on. See my post in response to dafoxs. Same freaky stuff.
  7. Hogstomp

Hogstomp New Member

Slow

You are probably right. I did a search on forum and am trying to clean up files, but phone is sllooowwww now. How do you turn off predictive text. could not find that on posts.
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

It is in your settings menu under text input. some carriers call it "suggest a word." then go into that settings and clear the history.
  9. Hogstomp

Hogstomp New Member

Again

Problem persists. I turned off predictive text; deleted Temp. Int. Files; It was then working fine last night. Turned it on this morning and it is back to a slow crawl. It is odd. I went to text, text number when in fine, but it would not let me type anything in the body. Cursor was there blinking. Sometimes it won't let me get to the text message screen from the home page.

I downloaded SK Tools standard. I uninstalled a verizon program. I tried to delete the "history", but when it appeared done with the process, the history files were still there. The 'content' folder was large, but what is in the folder?

Are mpb files the saved text messages?

I downloaded SKToolss.cab. It says it is DEMO.

What the heck is happening? Software? Hardware?
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

did you clear out the prdictive text history?
  11. Hogstomp

Hogstomp New Member

How

How do you do that?
  12. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I posted it above. In the text input settings, go to menu and you will see it.
  13. Hogstomp

Hogstomp New Member

Losing it

Oh my God I'm so pissed my head is about to pop. I try to get there and sometimes it will not let me in 'Settings'. Sometimes I click on 'Settings' and it puts me into 'File Manager'. Sometimes it lets me in 'Settings' but I can't scroll down. I got as far as 'Text Input Settings' but it would not let me in. I'm seriously losing it.
  14. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

restart the phone and try.
  15. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

those mpb's are email and can be deleted via sktools....just do a clean...delete all.

did you uninstall those games you said you recently installed?
  16. Hogstomp

Hogstomp New Member

Finally

It started to work fine, so I raced to the clear history selection and clicked it. Nothing came up indicating that anything was being cleared, but I'll have to trust that something was cleared. It is still working so that is good. My freakin' blood pressure man.

One question about SKTools. why would it not delete the history under the 'Temp files and Cache' selection?

Also, what is in the 'Content' folder it pulls up?

One thing to note, my firefox browser indicated that the website with SK Tools has been labeled as an 'attack' site. What's up with that?
  17. Hogstomp

Hogstomp New Member

SKTools

I did not uninstall the games, just the Verizon web portal/marketplace thing. How can I delete that off my phone?

As I told Dafoxs, I ran SKTools and it did not appear to be deleting things. And is there a full version you have to pay for, because mine says, in effect, this on the screens where you choose to delete files: "DEMO: only six items viewable..."
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

if you can, open sktools and go through the settings and adjust to your needs. the automation tab is the one for auto clean. set the auto clean to do it on its own at any given time and days. Days are set up as numbers. for everyday of the week, you would put
    as the days.
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I use the lite version like you have. works fine
  20. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if he had the true lite vesion it wouldnt say demo or only 6 items. sounds like he has the standard version....demo.