Key locks and backlight

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by bigems@optonline.net, Sep 18, 2007.

1. bigems@optonline.net

bigems@optonline.net New Member

Key locks and backlight

I hope you all can help me, this phone's battery life as you all know sucks, so I'm trying to minimize the drain as much as possible when I'm not using my phone. I've noticed that if i put my q down and lock the keys and let the screen timeout and shut off, without touching the phone it's seems as if the screen turns on at random times without any apparent reason. I noticed this yesterday when i set my phone down in a dark room and i kept thinking i was about to get a phone call or a txt message but really nothing was going on. And is it posible to set up the phone so ONLY ONE button turns the screen on, I keep this phone in my pocket and even if i set the backlight timeout to 2 seconds every time i brush against the phone for the slidewheel the screen turns back on. Which i know kills the battery life while it's in my pocket. Is it possible to lock the keys AND the display so that the screen will only turn on if i press a SPECIFIC button and not just anyold button????
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

1. i can not agree with the fact that the battery life sucks. 2. the screen coming on a few times a day is not going to kill your battery. there are other programs to lock but i think most them utilize the build-in key/screen lock just with a different GUI.. if you are that worried maybe Candlelight is something to consider.
  3. bigems@optonline.net

bigems@optonline.net New Member

I have candle light and it helps but the battery still seems very weak to me any suggestions on any other ways to save battery life, I also stopped checking email every 15 minutes which helped too, any thing else??? I just want to be able to talk on the phone and play some nintendo without killing the whole battery
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

do a basic search for "battery life" and you'll find tones of results... there does not seem to be a golden fixes_everything solution for this. i hardly ever kill apps, moderate user - text messaging, browsing, pickup mail hourly and obviously probably 10-15 calls a day - and never ran out of juice.. more often then not at 10pm at night i still have 1-2 bars.

maybe you should think about an extended battery, or a second one on the side.