Keeping your Q Clean

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by Dubbal R, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Dubbal R

Dubbal R New Member

Keeping your Q Clean

Noticing that my Q was a little dirty, I locked the keyboard and got to wiping it down with a tissue. Is this the best way for cleaning the Q? Are there any wipes or anything that would be safe for a more thorough cleaning than a wipe down?
  2. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

I use bausch & laumb (dont know if i spelled that right) alcohol wipes. It will clean everything up, no smears and its safe for most plastics and glass. Any crevice dirt and dust can be cleaned out with a small detail brush or paint brush, or even a small can of compressed air for cleaning sensitive electronics!
  3. Dubbal R

Dubbal R New Member

Much obliged, sir :)
  4. EdL

EdL New Member

Cleaning the Q

I just dunk mine in a bowl of warm soapy water. :whistling
  5. BiggaBear

BiggaBear New Member

Cleaning The Q

I use "Misty Wipes" they are similiar to a baby wipe. I ordered them from a local chemical/cleaning supplier that we deal with at work. No alcohol. Leaves no streaks or smears. Does a righteous job. I also use the wipe to clean my window on my leather case. But wait!...there's more! when I am done cleaning the phone and the case, I use the wipe to clean the screen and the keyboard on the laptop, the server and the workstation...all with one wipe.

Now...who rox ya?

Wink
  6. bry

bry New Member

You could also try a can of Computer duster that has compressed air in it. Will do great for thoes hard to reach areas you cant reach with a wipe, such as inbetween buttons on the keyboard, in the mic/speaker/ear peice.
  7. OooWee

OooWee New Member

Compressed air works well
  8. Dubbal R

Dubbal R New Member

What kind of soap? :wink:
  9. lividcreature

lividcreature New Member

I use just a tissue, but my Q is brand new so it's not that dirty yet. I use compressed air for every type of electronics cleaning, but as far as the screen goes i've noticed that it gets ear grime and smeary a tad easy. But I guess that's true for most smartphones, cause naturally we have oils our skin produces. Does anyone use screen protectors? Do they look cheesey?
    :gasp:
  10. lividcreature

lividcreature New Member

...Just testing the signature
  11. tgh

tgh New Member

I never used a screen protector on my old Kyocera PalmOS phone, but the screen was recessed by almost 3mm or so. Which kept it away from my ear/cheek. (Plus the keypad flipped up and covered about half the screen.)

For the Q, I'm going to try one of those aluminum cases that have a plastic window over the screen area. And/Or I'll use the Bluetooth ear piece to answer the phone.