JVM for WM5?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by blakjedi, Jun 26, 2006.

1. blakjedi

blakjedi New Member

JVM for WM5?

I have looked everywhere and downloaded everything Particularly IBM websphere software) I can get my hands on but I cannot figure how or what to use to install .jar and .jad files on my Q. Any help?
  2. scottm5443

scottm5443 New Member

try this
    This is a quote from another forum on how to install google maps, that needs java

Steps:

1. Download ibm-weme-wm50-sp-arm-midp20-6.1.0-20060321-073117-918.exe

from this site:

https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/reg/download.do?pkgid=&S_SRCID=weme&source=weme&S_TACT=104CBW71&S_CMP=&S_PKG=dl61_win&s=&ltype=input&l=English+U.S.&mtype=input&m=download&id=2006-04-06+13%3A40%3A42.143397R&fam=&cat=&cp=UTF-8

You have to register with IBM, but it's free.

2. Run the .exe file on your desktop.

3. Once the file finishes, go into the directory the installer created and unzip weme-wm50-sp-arm-midp20_6.1.0.20060317-111429.zip

4. Inside the unzipped folders are subfolders named "bin," "lib," "doc," and "examples" Copy All but "doc" to the Q using Activesync.

5. Using the file explorer, Resco Explorer, etc., run "emulator," which is inside the "bin" folder. Run it from your Q.

6. The program will install. Just keep hitting "yes."

7. Once it is installed, you need to copy another file to the Q called "1.jad" This file contains a Java script that tells the Emulator to download maps etc. from the Google server. You can find "1.jad" here: Here Are The Files To Get Google Local/maps Working On Your 6700 - PDAPhoneHome.com

It's in post #13.

8. Get 1.jad onto your desktop and make sure that it doesn't have a hidden file extension such as "txt"

9. Once you have 1.jad on your desktop, copy it to your Q using Activesync. Place it in the root directory of the Q.

10. Run "emulator." It gives you the option to install a MidLet. Choose to install 1.jad.

11. Voila!

Qusers.com - Topic :: GOOGLE MAPS WORKING ON MY Q
  3. threeeseye

threeeseye New Member

Got the emulator running BUT...

Is there any way to associate the jar file with the emulator exe such that I can start the Java directly through a shortcut/link instead of having to launch the emulator everytime?

Thanks,

Eric