Just want to explore phone...and add files manually

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Timaphillips, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Timaphillips

Timaphillips New Member

Just want to explore phone...and add files manually

I set up wireless sync and now the phone won't use the Active Sync client to browse my phone on my computer so I can put some movies and programs on it. Any ideas?
  2. fmcgirt

fmcgirt New Member

I assume that before you setup Wireless Sync that you synced using ActiveSync which established a partnership with your Q. If you delete this partnership using File>Delete Mobile Device then the next time you try to ActiveSync a dialog will ask you if you want to establish a partnership. Answer "no" which will then default to a Guest partnership and allow you to both Explore and Install apps without trying to sync anything.

Frank
  3. amartins02

amartins02 New Member

All you need to do is go to my computer and double click mobile device. You can then navigate the Q and drag over files.
  4. mcmikey420

mcmikey420 New Member

you can also go into wireless sync and choose menu then active sync setup and you will find that wireless sync has disabled your active sync connection. uncheck the box and you will be all set. be careful that you dont have active sync setup to sync your contacts too because you will end up with multiple copies of each contact....this can be really annoying I know from personal experience.