Just starting...

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rottengeek, Feb 9, 2009.

1. rottengeek

rottengeek New Member

Just starting...

I purchased some wonderful apps last week - one of which is SBSH Calendar. I'm wondering if there is a way to stick some rendition of it on my homescreen, instead of the view that seems to show up by default when i download the screens with "schedule" and "task", etc.

I also purchased Alarm Master, and i'm working on getting those two to work together. I got Orange and Facade, as well, seemed like a good idea.

I'm looking through all the screens in the collection here, but was wondering if anyone had any particular suggestions as a place to start, to get me to the following:

I'd like to get a homescreen working that maximizes space (but with a large large clock and date) since i've begun to depend on my phone more than a laptop for meetings and all. Want the calendar either on the homescreen or pop-outable by scrolling.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - i've downloaded several from here, and tweaked them a little, but i'm a novice with xml. (quite)

Amanda
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I suggest any of my newer ones.They have a big clock, tasks and schedule are on thier own page. I dont use the alarm app though.
  3. rottengeek

rottengeek New Member

Ha! you do like the big clocks, dafoxs!
    question:
    is there anyway i can rem out the smartmonitor stuff? I don't like it and don't want to download it...
  4. rottengeek

rottengeek New Member

In theory, to get the SBSH calendar and tasks to display, i should be able to replace the facade line
    "<plugin _clsid="{865A354A-4A96-4687-B001-C155DC0DBE76}" name="calendar" height="40">"

with a class id for the SBSH calendar, right?
  5. Prosper

Prosper New Member

No.
    In fact, SBSH Calendar uses the standard WM database. Facade reads the appointments/tasks from the WM database as well. Say, any appointments/tasks you add in Calendar will display via Facade.
  6. rottengeek

rottengeek New Member

i suppose i should have been clearer...i like the look 'n feel of the new calendar, and i'd like it to show up on my home screen, either when i click on a facade bar or scroll around...

I'm a SQL developer. I should stop attempting to use fancy words like plugin_clsid. It's a miracle my phone still runs. ;)
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Just remove that part of the xml, but all the screens will still have that icon.