Just Picked up a Q9c at a yard sale

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by gbirky, Sep 20, 2010.

1. gbirky

gbirky New Member

Just Picked up a Q9c at a yard sale

Q: This is a US Cellular phone, and we are on Verizon - can I use this phone? If so, what do I need to do?

Figured I couldn't go wrong for $5 at a yard sale...

Thx
    Greg
  2. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

you might want to post this question at hellomotoq.com as hardly anyone comes here anymore.

but i'm pretty sure you can. you'd just need to flash it using the correct files.
  3. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Or you can sell it for $50 on Craigslist for a nice profit like I just did a few weeks ago.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Please don't refer people to other sites. We still see a good amount of traffic here.
  5. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I just checked...there are currently 421 users online. Still pretty good if you ask me. Maybe there aren't as many new posts as there once was, but there is still great info here if you search around for it.
  6. chris

This site will see a resurgence with Windows Phone 7. I guarantee it. This will be the site when people look for Windows Phone 7 Forums.
  7. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

i'm not going to disagree with you on that. I'm just saying hardly anyone post here anymore. i drop by every couple days just to see if anyone has posted in case i can help. the site is still helpful if people can easily find what they are looking for. heck, i still come back here from time to time to look up past info.
  8. chris

To be perfectly honest, keeping a Moto Q site thriving isn't that easy. Just look at this thread, the OP picked one up at a garage sale for $5. There are many similarities to Everything Treo -- still some leftovers and a few people who got one cheap. The original members dropped serious dollars on an advanced smartphone. That's a completely different type of user and one that likely doesn't spend much time on tech forums. Those users, both there and here, have moved on for the most part. The manufacturer sure has....

That being said, I knew this day would come and rebranded a while back to eWM. That will serve the site well when Windows Phone 7 hits. It will hit hard and people will look for an established forum. I think we'll see some serious traffic here and I hope we'll see some familiar faces. Who knows, maybe Scott will give up his Incredible. (not likely).
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Give up!?
    I don't know if I could do that :)

Perhaps if I were given one to mess with (hint hint) I could switch back and forth!
  10. gbirky

gbirky New Member

Ok - so I don't mean to be critical, but this thread kind of got hi-jacked. I still haven't gotten a really good answer to my question. I have downloaded a couple of files:
    VRZ_Q2_C_06.47.02I_01.09.00R_MONSTER_01.sbf - which I think is the original WM6.0 monster for Verizon Q9c
    VRZ_P3_NN_C_07.7A.00I_UPGRADE_FILE_01.sbf - which if I'm not mistaken is a WM6.1 file which has been used to upgrade the Q9c from WM6.0 to WM6.1

I still don't know exactly what I need to do for Verizon's network to recognize and program this phone. I haven't tried to activate this phone myself b/c I live outside Verizon's primary coverage area (long story). I did call Verizon when I first got the phone and gave them the MEID - they said it was a no-go. Don't know why.

So back to the questions if you'd like to help.
    1) I have heard that the MEID may be OK - but Verizon's network won't reprogram it since it does not have Verizon's software flashed. The phone currently has US Cellular's WM6.1 (MP_BSP_C_04.09.56I_N_P3.0) Do I have to flash Verizon ROM to this US Cellular Q9c (with WM6.1) in order to program it on Verizon's service?

2) It seems I have two choices of ROM (so far)
    a) VRZ_Q2_C_06.47.02I_01.09.00R_MONSTER_01.sbf - I think this is the original Verizon WM6.0 ROM.
    b) VRZ_P3_NN_C_07.7A.00I_UPGRADE_FILE_01.sbf - this is supposed to be a WM6.1 upgrade which has been used on Q9m's (but is supposed to be for the Q9c).
    What is the correct file to use?

Thanks a bunch.
  11. chris

You imply that I have pull. I get absolutely no love from carriers and even less from my old friends at Motorola. They seem to forget how many devices weren't returned as a result of the support offered at EQ.

I still have that silver Q9h if you want it.