Just installed MicroSD card

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by termleech, Nov 10, 2010.

1. ajayden

ajayden Member

I am ready with 16GB class 4 Sandisk Micro SD to install on my Trophy. Nervous if anything will happen after I open up the phone.
  2. ajayden

ajayden Member

Finally I got it...And now my phone has 16 GB storage :D
  3. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Member

It was an 8gb card.
  4. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

So what exactly happened with your 32GB card anyway? Your phone doesn't detect it or something else happened to it after you installed it?
  5. Aximtreo

Aximtreo Member

It works great until you have to do a softreset. It then looses everything and shows memory available at 15MB instead of 30 something GB. You have to do a hard reset, format and reload everything. I just got a 16 GB card and will give it a try. More later.
  6. OklaPony

OklaPony New Member

I tried a 16gb Lexar Class 4. It worked perfectly until I powered the phone down at which point I got the dreaded 15.73 mb status. I even tried the double formatting trick but it didn't work either so I'm sticking with the stock 8gb until the real thing is tried and tested.
  7. Aximtreo

Aximtreo Member

Installed the 16GB card and did a couple of softresets before I reloaded any of my apps. It held each time so I am reloading my apps and will post if any problems arise.

I still can't get the Chevron7 unlocker program to work. It always gives me the can't communicate with the phone when Zune shows the phone is connected and synched. Looks like I won't be able to sideload any apps for now.
  8. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Member

For the Chevron7 program, you need to load the certificate "on your phone." Then the unlocker program should work.
  9. Aximtreo

Aximtreo Member

Done both multiple times and Chevron never recognizes the phone. I gave up.

MS and the Chevron7 developer group are meeting late this week, early next week. It will be interesting to see what comes of the meeting. Congress ruled in the Apple suit that jailbreaking is legal; not pirating programs but the act of jailbreaking is legal. We all know someone will come up with a fool proof way of unlocking WP7 sooner than later.
  10. ajayden

ajayden Member

Yes you are right...someone might come with a way to unlock WP7but to protect the developers, Microsoft will also come out with ways to detect jailbroken phones and deny access to marketplace.
  11. Aximtreo

Aximtreo Member

That's OK with me. I don't want to download Marketplace apps illegally; just want more control on apps posted on forums that offer more control over the phone and useage itself. Hope that makes sense.
  12. Ispyc6

Ispyc6 New Member

Installed a Patriot 16GB Class 4 . No problems, been in a week powered on and off at least a dozen times.
  13. achmeingott

achmeingott New Member

it's been about a month since this post, but i'm wondering how the card is holding up. how much space your using with it, fine after restarts, etc. there are a bunch on ebay still.
  14. Laramie Cummings

Laramie Cummings New Member

yes! just look for "32GB TF Micro SD SDHC Flash Memory Card 32G MicroSDHC" on ebay. it's a class 2. it's in crappy, knockoff packaging, BUT it works like a charm! i never got any battery issues nor loss of data. all for less than 22 bux which included shipping. didn't get any slowdown on taking photos or hd quality videos. very responsive. funny thing is that my phone froze ALOT PRIOR to me putting in the micro sd card. now it doesn't even freeze! good luck to those trying to find one :)

I ordered this thru ebay and what was delivered was a class 4 Sandisk 32GB card. I installed it and my Focus registered 38GB available after reset. While syncing music/videos to phone, it randomly restarted and it registered 15mb. I am back to stock 8GB with no card.
  15. RockstarRyan

RockstarRyan New Member

I just got an sd card as well. Can i sync all of my apps, contacts, etc. on my pc first then resync it once i reset the phone?
  16. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Has anyone used a Centon Class 10? Woot has a 32GB Class 10 for $30 today.
  17. OklaPony

OklaPony New Member

I wouldn't try any card until there's something actually certified.
  18. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Member

I had a Centon 8GB before I replaced it with my 16GB PNY. The Centon was a class 6 and worked perfectly with WP7. I gave it to a friend and he has been using it in his WP7 with no issues. That doesn't mean much for a 32GB class 10, but at the least it seems that Centon is a decent brand.
  19. cheshirecat

cheshirecat New Member

Having read many posts on this on many forums, one thing that people are forgetting is that you must do a hard reset [power off] after install. The phone will then ask if you want to format [warning about all data will be lost]. You have to say yes to use the new card in conjunction with your 8GB default memory. The phone reformats everything and then you will get the option to run. I forget if you need to go to Windows Live to get the default or it is hardcoded into the phone. That is why I had ATT store guy install and get me back to a default phone.

Of course, it is empty so you have to reload apps, photos, documents etc again. Hence it pays to go with the biggest card you can [if you want certified, get the one from ATT (same price as Amazon when I looked) and have them install.] Saves transport time if something goes wrong and you want them to fix it.

If you don't do the hard reset [power off] you get to keep all of your loaded stuff, but the new card is useless. Also, the first time you power down, you are toast and will have to reload then. Do it when you don't have much of anything loaded. :)-)
  20. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm a glutton for punishment. There is a deal on a 16GB Patriot Class 4 card, so I might give that a try. A few members here have had good luck, so hopefully it'll work for me too.